Palace is a thoughtfully curated, magical haven for everything you have ever wanted and all the things you didn’t even know you need. This Portland gem is a clear extension of the woman behind the unique store, Charlotte. Bright and warm, when you meet her it’s difficult to not immediately ask her to tea to discuss, well, anything and everything. Tea didn’t happen, but luckily these nine questions did.
1. What inspired you to open your own store?
I think decades of working at crappy jobs, a strong work ethic, and a dab of wanting to create something meaningful on top would be the best description.
2. What are your favorite Alima Pure products you carry and why?
I LOVE the Alima brushes. Until Alima Pure I had never invested in high quality brushes and it makes all the difference.
3. What are you currently obsessed with?
Downton Abbey, lasagna and benches.
4. What do you do to stay healthy?
I run, weight train and eat bread.
5. When you’re feeling weighed down, where do you go or what do you do for a burst of inspiration?
Loyly is the best revitalizing treat you can give yourself, the best is to go with a girlfriend and get their cleansing tea.
6. Please share one of your favorite recipes (food, or drink!).
Bread, butter, wine.
7. What’s your favorite thing about living in the Portland?
The beautiful, creative and independent women.
8. Do you have a mantra you live by everyday?
Power for good.
9. What’s your weirdest habit?
I really enjoy cleaning my ears. A lot.