- Scope Of The Policy
- Transfers of Personal Data outside the EEA
- Information We Collect
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- “Do Not Track” Requests
- How We Share Your Information With Third Parties
- Third-Party Websites
- Social Media Features
- Preferences And Opting Out
- Accessing/Correcting/Updating/Removing/Retaining Your Information
- California Privacy
- No Use By Children
- Lawful Basis if Subject to GDPR
- EU Representative/Data Protection Officer?
- How You Can Contact Us
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting personal data to us and/or by using our website, you give your consent that all personal data that you submit may be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described below. If you do not want us to process your personal data, please do not provide it, but you may not be able to take advantage of our Products and Services or certain features of our Products and Services. For example, we need to collect personal data from you so that you can pay for our cosmetics and we can ship them to you.
- Scope of the Policy
This Policy applies to all personal data provided to us when you use our products and services, our website, www.alimapure.com, personal data we obtain from our social media platforms such as Twitter (https://twitter.com/alimapure), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/alimapure), Instagram (https://instagram.com/alimapure) and Pinterest (https://pinterest.com/alimapure), personal data we obtain from you when you purchase our Products and Services on other websites such as Amazon (www.amazon.com), our payment systems, business communications, marketing communications, demonstrations, promotions, help desk, knowledgebase, web contact forms, communications via social media, comments, email, live chat, facsimile, phone, in person, business cards and any other methods of communication, all support services we may offer, and all oral and written communications about job applications (collectively our “Products and Services”). This Policy does not apply to any third party site or service linked to or from our website or social media channels or any site or service recommended or referred to by our websites or by our staff. It also does not apply to the third parties who host our social media channels (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest) or who sell our Products and Services (e.g., Amazon).
- Transfers of personal data outside the EEA
- Information We Collect
We collect personal data from you in several ways while we market our Products and Services, interact with our customers, store users’ data and provide our Products and Services. You provide us with personal data directly, we collect personal data automatically, and we may get personal data about you from other sources. We may collect personal data from you when you register as a user or to learn more about our products, request a demo or evaluation, provide comments and suggestions, sign up for newsletters, enter promotions, interact with us on our social media channels, order Products and Services, request and utilize maintenance and support services, request white papers, sign up for events or seminars, submit content or send us feedback. If you do not want us to collect this personal data, please do not provide it. We directly collect the following types of personal data that you provide to us:
Information You Provide to Us
- User information. User information includes, without limitation, personal data:
- About prospective and current customers and other parties interested in Alima Cosmetics and its Products and Services.
- Collected about our customers and the individuals to whom they send our Products and Services such as name, home, work and other locations, physical addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, payment information, delivery contact names and addresses, birthday months and days.
- You provide us to receive newsletters, information on our social media channels, and other information to received promotional details.
- You provide to us in in any online forms or in your communications with us, including without limitation by e-mail, facsimile, live chat, telephone or social media channel.
- Used by you to sign up for an account on our website, including user name, password, information to reset user name or password, alternative forms of payment, address book information for individuals to whom you may choose to send our Products and Services and other details that you choose to maintain in your account.
- You share about physical appearance and other details about you or others so that we may assist you in selecting your preferred cosmetics.
- You share with us when you ask questions about our Products and Services, placing orders, status of orders, requesting replacements or returns and other ordering details.
- Business account information. Business account information is business-contact information and other personal data that we collect from individuals who represent companies that do business with us. This includes affiliates who direct customers to us, businesses who sell our Products and Services directly to individuals, distributors, our service providers, businesses which market our Products and Services, companies ordering gifts for employees and others, and businesses who are in our wholesale channel. Business account information includes, without limitation, the following types of personal data: name, title, job function, business name, business address, business e-mail address, business phone number, personal logins, passwords, electronic signatures, payment information, name and contact details for recipient(s) of Products and Services, and any other personal data collected when the business enters into the business relationship with us, provides us with its goods or services, shares User information with us, when the business selects or receives Products and Services, provides or receives payment, or provides us with personal data about individuals who may receive gifts from the business.
Information We Automatically Collect from You When You Use the Products and Services. The information we collect automatically may include personal data, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
- Information collected through our cookies, trackers, web beacons and other tracking technologies. We, or service providers on our behalf, may use technologies such as “cookies”, “web beacons,” “tags”, “scripts” and other tracking technologies to automatically collect personal data from you when you use the Products and Services. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which saves and recognizes your browsing habits. Alima Cosmetics uses both session cookies (which track a user’s progression during one site visit) and persistent cookies (which track a user over time). Web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear GIFs) are web page elements that can help deliver cookies, count visits, track browser type, identify your IP address, understand usage and marketing campaign effectiveness, recognize certain types of information on your computer, in your email or on your mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
We may rely on third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. They may use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to gather information about your browsing on our website and on other sites to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
Please note that if you disable cookies, some Products and Services or website functionality may not be available. We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and to use online forms.
- Functional cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and communications sent more relevant to your interests.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Marketing/targeting cookies. On our Products and Services, we might use remarketing cookies of certain display advertising service providers. These serve the purpose of displaying advertisements to those users of third-party websites that have previously visited one of our Products and Services. For this purpose, we collect the information that a certain user has viewed specific Products and Services. This information will be linked to a marketing cookie – a text file that is placed on your device by the display advertising service provider. When you visit other websites, specific advertisements regarding our Product and Services, including without limitation promotional offers, may be displayed to you based on your past visit to our Products and Services.
- Log files. We gather certain personal data automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses and usage data such as browser type, browser language, device identifier, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, length of visit, pages viewed, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, crashes, system activity, hardware settings, the date and time of requests, referral URL and other usage data. We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect about you. If you reach out to us over the telephone or via facsimile, we may also log telephony information such as your phone number, forwarding calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Products and Services Use. We may use technologies to automatically collect personal data from you when you use the Products and Services, including without limitation details of how you used our Products and Services and your search queries. We collect this personal data to, among other things, provide you information and to perform benchmarking based upon your usage of the Products and Services, which are used in analyzing trends, making decisions about whether to continue to offer or improve certain Products and Services, to develop new Products and Services, tracking users’ utilization and to gather information about our customer user base as a whole.
- Device Information. We collect personal data about the device you use to access our Site and our Products and Services, including without limitation the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. We may associate your device identifiers and phone number with the account(s) you opened with us.
- Location Information. When you use our Products and Services, we may collect and process personal data about your actual location. We may use IP address, beacons, GPS and other sensors that provide information about nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Local Storage of Information. Our Products and Services may collect and store personal data locally on your device, including without limitation browser web storage, local drive storage and application data caches.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get personal data about you from other sources such as Amazon, affiliates, and potentially from our distributors and business which sell our Products and Services. We may add this personal data to the information we collect on you.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use personal data collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- Verify Users. Authenticate your identity, including without limitation to provision or grant you access to your account, change user credentials, respond to requests for information about your orders, your personal data and details about our business relationship.
- To respond to your requests or to tailor content. We may respond to your inquiries or requests, which may include processing orders, sending confirmations, providing invoices, processing requests for information about our Products and Services and processing downloads for whitepapers, demonstrations or evaluations. We may use your personal data to customize your Products and Services. We may also use your personal data to provide you with more relevant information and advertisements about our Products and Services.
- To provide Products and Services to you. We may use personal data we, or others on our behalf, have collected from you to ensure that we deliver our Products and Services to you and to communicate with you about the status of our delivery of Products and Services. We may provide support and related Products and Services information via our website or social media channels and through business with whom we market or sell our Products and Services. We may also use your personal data to provide you Products and Services updates and notices. We may keep a record of your communications and ours to provide improved customer service to you and others, including without limitation recordings of customer support phone calls, retention of live chat communications and saving of all email correspondence. We may use your data as necessary to maintain our business relationship with you and to fulfill our commitments to you.
- To provide informational services. We may use personal data while providing online information such as status of delivery, user forums, comments or public communications. We may also do so while delivering live or online events such as training or participating in trade shows, including at third-party events sponsored by Alima Cosmetics or where Alima Cosmetics presents or participates.
- Prevent improper or illegal activity. We may use personal data to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To assist you in making your payments. We may use personal data, including without limitation your financial information, to bill you for Products and Services.
- To meet legal requirements. Alima Cosmetics may be required to provide personal data to comply with legally mandated reporting, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process requirements.
- To market and improve our Products and Services and to create new Products and Services. We may inform you about our Products and Services, events and otherwise perform marketing activities. Further, we may use personal data for analytics purposes and to operate, maintain and improve our Products and Services. We may also use personal data to create new Products and Services.
- With your consent. We may share some or all of your information to any other third party with your affirmative consent. For instance, we display personal testimonials of satisfied customers in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- Anonymized or aggregate information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction. If personal data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), then the data will only be considered aggregate information under this policy if it has been anonymized in compliance with GDPR.
- Job application If your application is successful, we may share your job applicant information with other third parties to obtain references and perform background checks and other actions necessary for the employment process.
- Business maintenance. We may use your personal data as necessary to perform as a business, to prepare our financials, to prepare materials for accounting, to perform internal audits, to assess the quality of our Products and Services, to pay taxes and to perform other regular business operations.
- Other purposes. We may use personal data for any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Store your preferences and settings. Settings that enable our website to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We may save preferences, such as device (e.g., computer, laptop, or mobile device) language, browser, and multimedia player settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the site. If you opt out of interest-based advertising, we store your opt-out preference in a cookie on your device. Cookies can also help you fill out forms on our site.
- Sign-in and authentication. When you sign into one of our Products and Services using your personal account, we store a unique ID, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Store information you provide to a website. When you provide personal data to our website, we may store the information in a cookie.
- Social media. Some of our Products and Services include social media cookies, including without limitation sharing service offering pages and blog posts from our website using our sharing links and enabling users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
- “Do Not Track Requests”
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. We do not process “do not track” (DNT) signals. Our third party service providers may also not respond to DNT signals.
- How We Share Your Information with Third Partie
Alima Cosmetics may disclose personal data in the following circumstances:
- Alima Cosmetics will share details about accounts, orders and deliveries with its customers.
- Business Partners and Subcontractors. Alima Cosmetics shares personal data with business partners and subcontractors, including without limitation affiliates, distributors, vendors, service providers, suppliers, transport companies, and businesses in our wholesale channel ). These third parties assist us in our business including maintaining our website, referring customers to us, selling our Products and Services, fulfilling orders, developing and improving products, facilitating the processing payments and returns, communicating with you about orders or issues with Products and Services, marketing, and in connection with any contract we have with an individual or entity or to accomplish a legitimate business need. If the business is a vendor or service provider to us, the business is only authorized to use your personal data as necessary to comply with our contractual agreements and not for secondary purposes unless the data has been anonymized.
Third Party Analytics Providers. Alima Cosmetics shares personal data with third parties who conduct marketing studies and data analytics.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze site traffic to our websites. We may also use Google Analytics in conjunction with Google’s advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie. With this capability, we, or Google, may link Google Analytics information with information about visits to multiple sites. We use these tracking technologies to provide tailored advertising and evaluate our marketing efforts. For more information about how Google collects and processes data when you visit websites that use Google technologies, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps” (Link). You may opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On (Link).
- We use the Optimizely service to help us determine ways to present content. We use the IP anonymization feature of Optimizely to prevent transfer of IP addresses to us. Optimizely’s description of privacy practices with respect to their Optimizely Services on our website and your ability to opt out of the Optimizely cookies may be found here.
- Third Parties Who Sell Our Products and Services. Alima Cosmetics may share personal data with authorized distributors and our wholesalers at your request so that they may follow up with you regarding Alima Cosmetics Products and Services and sell you our Products and Services.
- Publicly Posted Content. If you post comments, images, and other content to a public-facing page, that personal data (associated with your user name) will be publicly viewable.
- With Your Consent. We may share some or all of your personal data to any other third party with your affirmative consent. For instance, we display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anonymized Data. We may share personal data that has been anonymized in a manner so that it is no longer considered personal data by applicable laws and regulations.
- Third-Party Websites
We may link to third party websites. We are not responsible for the data collection, use practices, policies, or cookie use of the third party sites that you have accessed from our websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site(s) and to read the privacy policies of each website that collects personal data. This Policy applies solely to personal data collected on or through our Products and Services.
- Social Media Features
- Preferences and Opting-Out
- Our Products and Services provide visitors and customers the opportunity to opt-out of receiving specific types of communications from us and our partners at the point where we request data about the visitor or customer. In addition, if you have previously signed up to receive information about our Products and Services, you may unsubscribe or opt out of all future marketing communications from us that do not relate to Products and Services you have already ordered by removing your personal data from our marketing and communications databases by sending an email to email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
- We partner with a third party to display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising click here. Most Internet browsers allow you to block or delete cookies and other similar technologies from your browser. If you do not agree to the use of these cookies or similar technologies, please disable or delete them by following the instructions for your browser set out here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/, or use automated disabling tools where available.
- You can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) (Link) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (Link) by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
- You may also opt-out by clicking on TrustArc’s Your Advertising Choices page (Link) or, if in the European Union (Link).
Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads. You can also delete cookie files from your hard drive, or avoid them altogether, by configuring your browser to reject them or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. Not all features of the Products and Services will function as intended if you reject cookies.
Accessing/Correcting/Updating/Removing/Retaining Your Information
You have the right to access your personal data and to correct, amend, or delete such personal data if it is inaccurate. You can access, correct, or request deletion of your personal data by logging into your account. Requests for access, correction, amendment, or deletion should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon request, Alima Cosmetics will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal data. We will respond to any request to access your personal data within 30 days. It may take us longer if your request is complex or you have made multiple requests in which circumstances we will notify you and keep you apprised of our progress. We will retain your personal data and the data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Products and Services or requested information. We will delete your data either upon your request or when you ask to close your account. We will retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes such as personal data necessary to bill you for our Products and Services or to pay taxes related to your Products and Services. Once you have paid us for a Product and Service, we cannot delete any personal data required to maintain and deliver the order and comply with all related legal business obligations unless you cancel your order.
If you become an inactive customer, or if we close or suspend your account, we will continue to adhere to the then current Policy when we collected your personal data so long as we retain it in our databases. We may delete any or all of your personal data at any time without notice to you for any reason or no reason unless otherwise required by law, regulation, contract or our internal policies to retain it.
We may need to request specific personal data from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further personal data in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If your application for a job is successful, your information gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your human resources files subject to our internal human resources policies and procedures and retained as employment data. If your application is unsuccessful, we may, with your consent, keep your information on file for future employment opportunities. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
When you access our websites as a customer, you will have the opportunity to review, correct, and update certain of your account information.
- California Privacy
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal data by Alima Cosmetics or its affiliates to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, you should contact us by using the form located here. You can also email email@example.com or write to us at:
Alima Cosmetics, Inc.
1601 NW Savier Street
Portland OR, 97209
- No Use by Children
The Products and Services are not intended for users younger than 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 16 has submitted personal data, we will remove his or her information from our files. When Alima Cosmetics delivers the Products and Services to an individual at the instruction of its customers, it is possible that we may process information about you if you are under the age of 16 under the instruction of our customers.
Alima Cosmetics takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about our security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about our security, you can contact us at email@example.com. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected breach of personal data, and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Lawful Basis if Subject to GDPR
If our processing of your information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), we use your information according to the following lawful bases for processing. However, it should be noted that these are examples of processing under lawful basis, not an exhaustive list of processing under lawful basis and do not limit any current, past or future processing under lawful basis that we may use to process your information if subject to the GDPR.
- Pursuant to a Contract. We will use your information when it is necessary for us to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, including without limitation when we respond to your requests about entering into a contractual relationship, to help you create an account, to process your orders, to manage our relationship with you, to transfer your data to complete a reservation at a property, to help you participate in and to process your contest or sweepstakes entry or pay a reward.
- Pursuant to a Legal Obligation. We will use your information where needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, including without limitation to manage our relationship with you by providing this Notice and any changes and updates thereto.
- Pursuant to a Legitimate Interest. We will use your information where necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party’s, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including without limitation to process and deliver your orders, to manage our relationship with you, to enable you to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, reward or prize, to administer and protect our business and our Products and Services, to deliver the Products and Services, content and advertisements to you and to evaluate the effectiveness of the Products and Services, content and advertising, to tailor the Products and Services, content and advertising, to use data analytics and other automated processing to evaluate and improve the Products and Services and to make recommendations to you. We will also use your information where necessary to prevent fraud. We will also use your information where necessary to respond to your requests. For example, if you request to delete your information from our database, we may continue to use your information to respect your request and prevent further use of the account. This can include deactivating your account by removing your username from the permitted usernames and disallow any account creation under your email address.
- Pursuant to Consent. We will use your information when we have provided you with notice of processing and obtained your consent in a manner compliant with the requirements set forth in GDPR, including without limitation allowing you to opt-in and opt-out of our marketing our Products and Services to you.
- Pursuant to One or More Lawful Basis. We may rely on more than one lawful basis for processing your specific information described in Section 4 (Information We Collect) of this Policy for the uses set forth above. To our knowledge, we do not process special category data or criminal offence data, and we require you to refrain from providing any such data in the information you share with us. Please contact us if you have any questions about the specific lawful basis we are relying on to process your information.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. When we make only minor modifications which do not materially change the policy, we may do so without notifying you. It is your responsibility to keep current the contact information we have on file for that designated representative. When we make material modifications affecting data practices where we operate as the data controller, we will post and/or email the new Policy. We will notify you either by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective or at our election we may email you by sending an email to the email address specified in your account. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. The Last Modified Date at the top of this Policy will allow you to quickly know when the last changes were made, and the “What’s New?” section will highlight the changes from the most recent version of the Policy.
- How You Can Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us by using the form located here. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Alima Cosmetics, Inc.
1601 NW Savier Street
Portland OR, 97209
If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to reach out and communicate with a supervisory authority in relation to the processing of your personal data, but we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you first and resolve your issues. To download this policy, click here.