Here in the AP office, we have been talking about how to be more creative in reusing what we already own. Our Pressed Foundation, Cream Concealer, and Pressed Eyeshadows feature refillable, magnetic pans that make it easy for you to swap a brand new shade into the existing compact. This means less plastic and packaging, but it also means less cost to you when you refill. All you need to do is open your compact, cup one hand around the opening, then with the heel of the other hand tap the back of the compact and the pan will pop right out.
All of our loose powder Face and Cheek products come in high quality, food-grade clear plastic jars. Many of our customers and staffers have reused these jars in clever ways and we thought it would be fun to share some of our faves below.
- Use the jars to store bobby pins, loose change, paper clips, or earrings.
- Wash the jars in the dishwasher to ensure all product is out, then use as perfectly portioned snack holders. Goldfish anyone?
- Once the jars are clean, fill them with your favorite spices. The spices look pretty and are easy to find in clear containers!
- We love the ideas this blog has for totally transforming the look of your jars (the writing is in Swedish, but if you don't speak Swedish the images speak for themselves.)
- You can make your own DIY natural, solid perfume using beeswax and essential oils (we love the clean sweet smell of almond oil) for a mess-free perfume you can bring with you anywhere without fear of the bottle breaking.
- We love at-home Alima Pure mixtures. Empty jars are great for trying any combination of products you've dreamed up. Satin Matte Foundation and Highlighter maybe? Or you can create a custom eyeshadow color. Make sure to take a picture and tag us on Instagram or Twitter if you make something you love!
Starting today, 4/16 through 4/23, we are planting a tree (and giving away a custom Alima Pure reusable tote bag!) with every order over $45!