Ink Natural Definition Eye Pencil has arrived! Ink is a naturally gorgeous carbon black eyeliner that glides on smoothly and lasts all day. It’s filed with 100% natural ingredients – chamomile flower extract soothes and protects the delicate eye area while a rich blend of jojoba, mango seed, macadamia and meadowfoam seed oils nourish and hydrate the lash line. Like Coffee Natural Definition Eye Pencil, Ink contains beeswax, carnauba and candelilla waxes to deliver water-resistant all day wear. Natural mineral pigments give rich, saturated, lasting color.
Ink complements all eye colors and has the versatility to create many looks. Line your eyes along the lash line for a gorgeous day look or smudge it out with a #33 Angle/Liner for a dramatic evening look, or create a soft, delicate line for a subtle daytime look. Ink is the perfect counterpart to the By Night Fall collection. Our favorite shades to pair with Ink are Vertigo and Breathless, but it’s one of those flexible neutrals that works with everything.
Whether I’m asking her what she brought for lunch that day or her opinion on the latest political controversy, lead lab technician Mari Hoiland is my go-to gal for new ideas, influences, and inspirations. Accustomed to being bombarded with questions from me about recent discoveries and daily routines, I thought I’d bug her a little more than usual and ask her for a list of her current and longtime favorite necessities for this installment of Staff Favorites.
Once a month Mari’s mother whips up a batch of pesto and gifts it to Mari’s household. Mari puts it on just about everything – eggs, pasta, vegetables, rice; you name it. She hopes you love the recipe, too.
With an avid thirst for knowledge, Mari’s New Yorker subscription is a wonderful and compelling source for current news and culture.
When asked for a product recommendation in the office, one often hears “Radiant Finishing Powder” across the room from Mari. She swears by our Radiant Finishing Powder in Augusta, as well as Satin Matte Eyeliner in Pewter as a subtle and smoky liner, Satin Matte Eyeshadow in Raven for her brows, and our #33 Angle Liner Brush for both.
As the weather shifts and the season begins to transition, the distinctive voice of Tom Waits is often found playing in her car or as she cooks in the kitchen to accompany the fall air.
In May, WNYC launched a new podcast “Death, Sex, and Money” with Anna Sale. A podcast that explores the frank conversations we often avoid, Anna speaks with people from all walks of life and experiences on topics we all relate to: “death, sex, and money”, and everything in between.
Coconut oil. For, well, everything…
A splash of cold water in the morning with Witch Hazel Toner to help balance the skin and reduce redness, and the simple yet effective (and very inexpensive!) Kirk’s Castle Soap (followed by jojoba oil as a moisturizer) in the evening to wash off the day.
Boscia B.B. Cream helps smooth out imperfections while serving as a nourishing moisturizer for a sheer and long lasting coverage.
One of the most versatile eyeshadows in our By Night Fall collection is Breathless Pearluster Eyeshadow. This gorgeous beige grey brightens the eyes no matter what undertone or eye color you have. Wear Breathless all over the lid, on it’s own, as a base with deeper By Night shades like After Hours or Labyrinth, or as a face highlighter. Here’s one of many ways to get the Breathless look this fall.
1. Begin with freshly cleansed and moisturized skin. Apply Satin Matte Foundation in your favorite shade with a #25 Foundation Brush. Our lovely model Ashley is wearing a light application of Warm 2 Satin Matte Foundation.
2. To brighten the cheekbones, apply Apple Blossom Satin Matte Blush to the apples of your cheeks with a #17 Blush Brush and blend outwards. This gives a gorgeous natural flush to the cheeks.
3. For a luminous highlight, use your #23 Kitten Brush to apply Breathless Pearluster Eyeshadow on the tops of your cheek bones and down the bridge of the nose. With your finger pop it right onto the cupids bow.
4. With your #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush apply a wash of Breathless Pearluster Eyeshadow all over the base of your lid and up to your brow bone.
7. This soft and feminine look calls for bold brows. Take your #33 Angle/Liner Brush to define your brows with your brow shade. Ashley is wearing a mixture of Blond and Cocoa Satin Matte Eyeshadow to create her perfect shade.
9. Dab on Sweet Pea Lip Tint to enhance the natural color of your lips.
The By Night fall collection is here! We’ve created five limited edition eyeshadows to add drama to your look this fall. Inspired by film noir, each shade beautifully captures the light and adds mystery to the eyes with just a simple wash of color. As always, each of these vibrant eyeshadows provides intensity using just three natural ingredients.
Each shadow is unique and can be simply worn on its own or combined for a day or amped up nighttime look. Each week we will show you how to ‘get the look’ with each of the eyeshadows. This week is all about Labyrinth which is a glowing, sultry deep sea green.
3. Apply a touch of Mimosa Satin Matte Blush the apples of your cheeks and blend to your temples for a natural flush with a #17 Blush Brush. This blends well with Sombra Contour Powder and lifts the cheeks while adding a hint of sweetness to your look.
5. Wet your #36 Pointed Crease Brush and liberally apply Labyrinth Pearluster Eyeshadow all over the base of your lid and up to the crease (never going above the crease). Wetting the brush intensifies the eyeshadow into a vibrant sultry blue green.
6. Once Labyrinth Pearluster Eyeshadow is somewhat dry, go ahead and blend it out with your #37 Blending Brush to avoid any unwanted unevenness.
8. Sweep on a coat or two of Natural Definition Mascara in Brown. This richly pigmented formula will neatly define your lashes and complement the deep sea green eyeshadow.
9. Dab on Sweet Pea Lip Tint for gorgeous neutral pink lips.
What are the 5 Alima Pure products you couldn’t live without?
The Alima Pure office has been buzzing with excitement this month as we continue to celebrate our ten year anniversary. We have been pairing that energy with a birthday playlist that keeps our spirits lifted, our feet moving, and allows some of us to show off our not-so-prizewinning closeted dance moves.
From 60s French pop to 80s favorites to modern jams; our Alima Pure mix will have your toes tapping and lips singing (or synching) before you can say “Madonna”.
In honor of our 10th birthday we are offering a BIG Facebook giveaway! Head on over to our Facebook page to enter to win all 10 of our bestsellers by simply commenting below the giveaway photo and letting us know what your favorite Alima Pure product is and why you love it so much. If you’ve never used any products, that’s okay too, simply tell us what product you’re the most interested in and why. Easy as that! If your comment is selected you will win all 10 full-size bestsellers to enjoy and play with!
Bestsellers included: Black Natural Definition Mascara, Freja Luminous Shimmer Blush, Coffee Natural Definition Eye Pencil, #25 Foundation Brush, Hanae Satin Finishing Powder, Paris Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow, Medium Balancing Primer Powder. Pink Satin Matte Blush, Sombra Contour Powder.
No purchase necessary to enter contest. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including DC), ages 18 and older. Void where prohibited. Contest runs form August 15th, 2014 until August 17th, 2014 11:59pm PT. One must follow all directions in the contest to be selected a winner. Winner selected at random. Winner will be announced August, 18th, 2014 on our Facebook page. Offer does not apply to previous purchases. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. All purchases are subject to bank authorization prior to processing. Only authorized purchases will be processed and shipped. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of offer and to modify or cancel this promotion due to system errors or unforeseen problems. Contest details are subject to change without notice.