As the holiday party season approaches, it's not too early to think about your "look" and what features you want to emphasize this season. Planning ahead will mean you'll have more time to spend on your hair and outfit, or having fun at the soiree!
The three things that come to mind for holiday makeup are shimmer, dramatic eyes and red lips.Since you don’t generally want to use more than two of these at a time, the looks below are festive but still tasteful.
For holiday shimmer and shine, go with cool-toned shimmers (silver and white-based shimmers) for an “ice-princess” type look; or choose warmer, gold-based shimmers for a more traditional holiday glow.Red lips create a dramatic look and can be easily achieved by blending a red-toned blush with a clear lip balm or gloss.
Shimmer powders carry the shimmer theme from your face to your body, and can look beautiful in low-light situations.They can be dusted on with a fluffy brush, or blended with your favorite body lotion for an even and more subtle glow.
Ice Princess look
- Apply Meringue Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow all over the lid and brow bone.
- Use Oceana Pearluster Eyeshadow on the lid, with Zen Pearluster shadow smudged along the lash line and extending past the outer corner.
- Finish with a strong defined line of Black Satin Matte Eyeliner.
- On the cheeks, use a light dusting of Rosa Luminous Shimmer Blush.
- Dust Whisper Luminous Shimmer Powder over the rest of the face, shoulders and décolletage.
- Finish with Acai lip balm.
Gleaming Gold look –
- Apply Leone Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow over the entire lid and brow bone.
- Blend Pyrite Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow into the crease and along the lower lash line.
- Add a touch of Sphinx Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in the outer corner and blend well.
- Line with Paparazzi Luminous Shimmer liner on a damp brush.
- Extend the liner past the outer corner, and angle it gently across and up from the mid-point of the eye, rather than following the downward slope of the lid.
- Dust Dolce Luminous Shimmer Powder along cheekbones, shoulders and décolletage.
- If Dolce is too dark for your body, try blending just a touch of it with your body lotion.
- Add a spot ofHoney Rose Satin Matte Blush on the apples of cheeks.
- Cranberry Lip Balm will give lips a muted red stain that will complete the look.
Hollywood Glamour look –Use the new limited edition Silver Screen Act I and Act II sets to achieve a look worthy of a starlet.
- Apply Lana Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow over the entire lid and brow bone.
- Smudge Black Satin Matte liner or Bette Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow along the top and bottom lash-line, extending past the outer corner.
- Blend Ingrid Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow or Garbo Contour lightly into the crease.
- Dust Harlow Highlighter over the high areas of the face (cheekbones, forehead), then
- Add a light spot of Leigh blush on the apples of the cheeks and blend well.
- Contour under the cheekbones and jawline with Garbo Contour.
- Mix Geranium Satin Matte Blush with Natural Organic Nourishing Lipbalm for a beautiful red lip.
We're delighted to have you join the conversation about natural beauty, healthy living, cosmetic safety, and whatever cool, fun topics happen to strike our fancy. We'll be testing skincare products, doing mineral makeup makeovers, chatting with practitioners and cosmetic chemists about the latest, greatest (and not so great) developments in the field, and even submitting ourselves to strenuous spa evaluations. We're passionate about green beauty, and look forward to your thoughts and ideas on the topic. Pour yourself a cup of tea, and make yourself at home. We look forward to hearing from you!