We get this question a lot! People are so trained to buy foundation, concealer and finishing powder all at the same time, that it is almost a reflex to try to do the same thing when you switch to mineral foundation. But when you stop to think about it, the foundation is a powder, so what exactly is the purpose of adding another powder over the top?
The great news is that with Alima Pure products you don't "need" a finishing powder. The other great news is that our Satin Finishing Powder is a great product that can really polish your look and help your makeup last longer. While that may sound a little contradictory, it really isn't. Satin Finishing Powder is a great final step for those that want it, but it certainly not necessary. Let's look at some reasons that Satin Finishing Powder might be great for you!
1. If you have oily skin, it can help keep the oil away a little longer than the foundation alone. (Of course if you are really concerned with oiliness, you'll want to put some Balancing Primer Powder under your foundation.)
2. You like a super-smooth, almost air-brushed look to your face. The Satin Finishing Powder is very fine, so it does really give a polished look.
3. You like to touch up during the day. Adding foundation over foundation can get a little heavy, so for some people, Satin Finishing Powder is just enough to mattify and refresh your look.
4. You sometimes like to go without foundation, but still need a tiny bit of evening-up. While the Satin Finishing Powder doesn't offer any real coverage, it can just provide a sheer veil of color that makes everything look a little better.
5. You just don't feel "finished" without that final sweep of powder to "set" everything. You might think this is purely psychological since powders don't need "setting", but this sweep of finishing powder really does help blend the edges of blush or bronzer, and refine your entire look.
Our Satin Finishing Powder comes in six shades, each of which is a slightly-warm-leaning neutral. Click here to find which foundation shades work best for Yuki, Keiko, Hanae, Ami, Sayomi and Takara. In the case of foundation shades listed for more than one powder shade, either shade should work it is just a matter of your preference for a lighter or darker finishing powder, so sampling both would be an excellent idea!