In honor of our 10th birthday we are offering a BIG Facebook giveaway! Head on over to our Facebook page to enter to win all 10 of our bestsellers by simply commenting below the giveaway photo and letting us know what your favorite Alima Pure product is and why you love it so much. If you’ve never used any products, that’s okay too, simply tell us what product you’re the most interested in and why. Easy as that! If your comment is selected you will win all 10 full-size bestsellers to enjoy and play with!
Bestsellers included: Black Natural Definition Mascara, Freja Luminous Shimmer Blush, Coffee Natural Definition Eye Pencil, #25 Foundation Brush, Hanae Satin Finishing Powder, Paris Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow, Medium Balancing Primer Powder. Pink Satin Matte Blush, Sombra Contour Powder.
No purchase necessary to enter contest. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including DC), ages 18 and older. Void where prohibited. Contest runs form August 15th, 2014 until August 17th, 2014 11:59pm PT. One must follow all directions in the contest to be selected a winner. Winner selected at random. Winner will be announced August, 18th, 2014 on our Facebook page. Offer does not apply to previous purchases. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. All purchases are subject to bank authorization prior to processing. Only authorized purchases will be processed and shipped. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of offer and to modify or cancel this promotion due to system errors or unforeseen problems. Contest details are subject to change without notice.
In the summer it seems like everyone has an effortless and healthy glow, as if they spent the day floating down the river and then showered the day off in sunlight. I, however, can only accomplish this natural, sun-kissed complexion with the help of a few tricks and products.
I like to keep things as simple as possible in the summer, and that’s why our Radiant Finishing Powder - a blend of mineral blush, mineral shimmer powder, and mineral finishing powder – is my go-to product. You can apply it all over your face for a light, even base, or use the versatile product on cheeks and eyes for an even dreamier summer glow. Combine it with just a few of our other natural products, and you’ll be radiating summer in less than three minutes, in three steps.
Every flower has its unique, silent meaning – a message waiting to be conveyed. Dictionaries have been written to decode the expressions and intentions of flowers, beginning in the Victorian era when women poured over these dictionaries to determine what a suitor meant, or didn’t mean, by his gift and arrangement of specific flowers.
In early spring I read The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, just as the city was blooming. This moving story follows a haunted young woman through her past and present as she uses her special gift for flowers as a way of communicating and connecting with the world and the people around her.
As I journeyed further with this character, learning of flowers with and through her, I found myself paying more notice to the flowers I came across – while walking, at the store, in my own backyard. I became enamored with the idea and intention behind what already visually could evoke such emotion. We’ve all heard that red roses represent love and romance, but what about the simple daisies scattered about the grass? The Queen Anne’s Lace in our neighbor’s yard? These curiosities have caused me to open my eyes wider, to look deeper. On my walk last night, I collected a few flowers and thought I’d share some of their meanings with you.
Be sure to notice the beauty around you and look around when you go on your summer walk. You may just find a color you never discovered before! Also, take a look at some of our own flower inspired shades like Hyacinth, Zinnia, Lily, Lilac, and our limited edition shade Orchid.
Mica is a naturally occurring mineral found in an array of Alima’s products.
An essential ingredient found in most of our products, Muscovite mica is the most common form of mica and comes in a variety of grades that range from matte to lustrous. You may recognize this versatile mineral from the pearlescent glimmer in our eye shadows to the luminous glow of our finishing powders.
Refined and luxurious, cosmetic mica creates the following:
-a silky texture that adds smoothness to your skin,
-a long-lasting, soft-focus look that enhances and evens out your complexion, and
-the ability to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores.
The name mica, thought to come from the Latin word micare meaning “to shine,” is quite fitting for our product since the high quality mica we use literally lets your natural beauty shine through.
Our summer intern Kourtney is all about naturally glowing skin! She was just married last year and loved creating a radiant complexion on her big day using her Alima Pure essentials. See how Kourtney achieved this gorgeous summer chic/bridal look in this step-by-step tutorial below.
Prep your skin
3. Next, I swept and swirled Satin Matte Foundation in Beige 2 all over my face with my #25 Foundation Brush. I wanted a seamless finish so I really buffed the foundation into the skin so it looks as natural as possible.
4. Satin Finishing Powder is a wonderful setting power as it creates a gorgeous soft-focus finish which translates beautifully for photographs. It also protects your makeup for long-lasting wear in the summer heat. I love the shade Keiko!
Contour & Glow (the essence of a glowing bride)
5. Sombra Contour Powder has become one of our best-sellers and an office favorite as well! With a #7 Half Moon Brush I brushed Sombra on the hollows of my cheeks, my temples and along my jawline. This gave my face soft, subtle definition.
6. It’s all about cheek color! Every glowing bride needs a pink flush to the apples of the cheeks. I used Freja Luminous Shimmer Blush with my #17 Blush Brush to achieve a pinky peach radiance and to give the illusion of lifted cheeks.
7. Lumina Highlighter is a gorgeous non-glittery highlighter that looks natural and glowing. I added it to the bridge of my nose, upper cheekbones and cupids bow for a romantic touch.
2. To add depth, I used Cocoa Satin Matte Eyeshadow on the outer edges of the lid and along the crease of my eyes to add natural definition and a little drama. The #36 Pointed Crease Brush is perfect for this!
3. For eyeliner, I used our new Coffee Natural Definition Eye Pencil to really enhance the eyes. This shade is warm and brings out the natural color of my eyes more than any other eyeliner I’ve used.
4. I popped Glow Pearluster Eyeshdaow into the inner corners of the eyes to really open up my eyes. This little trick always makes me look more awake and fresh.
6. Rhubarb Lip Tint is a bridal favorite. It keeps your lips nourished all day and adds that “better than your natural lips” lip color.
That’s it! A simple, elegant and natural look that’s perfect for a wedding or any other special occasion.
It’s always important to protect your skin when you are active in the summer sunshine. We have compiled some of our essentials that are both beautiful and protective to beat the heat (and bugs!) this season.
If you don’t have one yet it’s time to take the plunge. A floppy hat is an absolute necessity that can be worn season, after season…after season.
Devita’s Solar Protective Moisturizer with SPF 30 is a sheer, all-natural product that’s a deeply moisturizing daytime cream and sun block all in one! It’s ideal when you need a little extra skin treatment with SPF.
S’well’s wood collection is gorgeous and will inspire you to stay hydrated all summer long! The best part is, for every Wood bottle sold, their partner, American Forests, will plant one tree.
J. Crew throws worry to wind with their beautiful rash guards, they have created a stylish way to spend all day-long swimming in the lake or pool without the burn.
Portland Apothecary’s Adventure Kit is made up of simple and highly effective remedies for the burns, scrapes, cuts, bites and other minor ailments that sometimes accompany summer adventures.
Did we mention that our foundation has both UVB and UVA sun protection? Satin Matte Foundation is a must have for sunny summer days. (It’s also great way to protect the part in your hair from getting burned!)