In the summer it seems like everyone has an effortless and healthy glow, as if they spent the day floating down the river and then showered the day off in sunlight. I, however, can only accomplish this natural, sun-kissed complexion with the help of a few tricks and products.
I like to keep things as simple as possible in the summer, and that’s why our Radiant Finishing Powder - a blend of mineral blush, mineral shimmer powder, and mineral finishing powder – is my go-to product. You can apply it all over your face for a light, even base, or use the versatile product on cheeks and eyes for an even dreamier summer glow. Combine it with just a few of our other natural products, and you’ll be radiating summer in less than three minutes, in three steps.
Summer is for expanding your horizons, seeking adventure, and kicking back to enjoy it all. In celebration of the spirit of Summer our #AlimaHorizons Instagram contest is live! From now until June 16th we invite you to share a photo that inspires your expanding horizons. It might be a place, a person, an activity or a book – anything that invites expansion. The winner will be announced the morning of June 17th on our Instagram. See instructions below.
We will choose a winner based on the photo we find best evokes the horizon spirit. The winner will receive our Horizon Full Color Story, an Alima Pure $150 gift card, and have their photo featured on our Instagram! We can’t wait to see all of the inspiring photos you post. Have fun and good luck! And have a wonderful Summer!
No purchase necessary to enter contest. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including DC), ages 18 and older. Void where prohibited. Contest runs form June 3rd 2014 until June 16th, 2014 11:59pm PT. One must follow all directions in the contest to be selected a winner. Winner selected at random. Winner will be announced June 17th, 2014 on our Instagram account. Offer does not apply to previous purchases. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. All purchases are subject to bank authorization prior to processing. Only authorized purchases will be processed and shipped. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of offer and to modify or cancel this promotion due to system errors or unforeseen problems. Contest details are subject to change without notice.
Feeling inspired by warm weather? Get an easy, natural look for summer with the Horizon Full Color Story Collection. Available in both Light/Medium and Medium/Deep sets, these are the perfect essentials for a beautiful and simple routine.
1. Start with a sheer layer of Balancing Primer Powder in Medium (light-medium set) or Deep (medium-deep set) brushed over your T-zone, or any areas where you experience excess oil. During the hot summer months this can make all the difference in keeping your makeup shine free and in place all day. Our #7 Half Moon Brush works well with this product.
4. For a warm glow, use the #7 Half Moon Brush with Contour Powder in Sombra. Apply in the shape of a ’3′ by brushing across your forehead at your hairline, along the hollow of your cheek, and down along your jawline.
7. With the same brush apply Terracotta Pearluster Eyeshadow blending at the base of your lashes and upward into your crease.
9. Dab on Desert Poppy Lip Tint for a gorgeous nude lip.
The Horizon Full Color Story offers a neutral pallet that can be used to create endless looks. Experiment with some of your favorite shades to warm up your summer look.
Emma Stone always looks naturally gorgeous but she really outdid herself at this year’s Met Ball with an effortless sun-kissed makeup look. Enjoy our “get the look” step-by-step on how to achieve this radiant photo-ready red carpet look.
1. Apply your shade of Satin Matte Foundation (Emma is a Warm 1) with a #25 Brush to freshly moisturized skin. For this look, try for sheer coverage by blending your Satin Matte Foundation more than usual (buffing with a tissue can be really helpful here).
4. Pop Melon Satin Matte Blush onto the apples of the cheeks, and then blend to the hairline with your #23 Kitten Brush (with the leftover Olympia Radiant Powder on the bristles). This creates a gentle terracotta glowing blush.
6. Prep the eyes with a wash of Silk Pearluster Eyeshadow over the lids and up to the brow bone using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush.
9. Finish the eyes by curling the lashes and applying two coats of Natural Definition Mascara in black to both the top and bottom lashes.
10. Finally, finish the look with two coats of Lotus Lip Tint - it’s the perfect raspberry pink shade to compliment this effortlessly glam look. Have fun!
It’s that time of year again! We asked around the office this week to see what everyone was loving this season and here’s what we found. Don’t forget to share what your loving or coveting this spring too!
“I’ve been wearing Natural Definition Mascara in Brown almost everyday for the past few weeks and I can’t get enough of it. The Brown in particular brightens the eyes.”- Sara, Marketing
“The Gaia Collection is so different for spring and I think that’s why I’m drawn to it. It’s strong and wearable, perfect for nights out.” -Hannah, Operations
“When I think spring I think of the shade green and Atlantis Pearluster Eyeshadow is a gorgeous wearable shade of green that I love to wear.” Charlene, Operations
“Sombra Contour Powder is the best mult-tasker for spring! You can use it to contour, add warmth to the skin, and also as an eyeshadow." – Kate, CEO
“Tigereye Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow has to be my favorite because I wear it every single day!” – Karin, Operations
“It’s all about brows for me. The #33 Liner/Brow Brush is definitely in my bag for spring.” -Urmila, Sales
“I am really into Olympia Radiant Finishing Powder right now. I usually wear Keiko Satin Finishing Powder for it’s matte finish in the winter but I’ll be wearing it’s radiant counterpart all spring and summer long." -Portia, Operations
We’re loving the au naturale no-makeup makeup look that is fresh for spring, proving that less really is more sometimes. Follow these simple steps to achieve that barely-there makeup look that will enhance your skin tone and natural features. There’s no harm in saving the shimmer for summer!
1. Moisturize your skin with your favorite moisturizer. We love to use coconut oil!
4. Prep the eyes with a wash of Champagne Pearluster Eyeshadow using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush. This particular shade brightens the eyes and conceals any discoloration on the lids. The perfect nude!
6. Apply a layer of Natural Definition Mascara in Brown to liven up your lashes.
7. Use Sweet Pea Lip Tint to give lips a healthy shine and hint of natural color.