Kate Hudson looked radiant on the red carpet at this year’s Oscars event. Her elegant 40’s inspired look was complimented by her sun-kissed glowing skin, subtle smoky eye, and nude lip. We have recreated Kate’s picture perfect look using Alima Pure products in these 10 simple steps below.
1. Start with the Satin Matte Foundation that matches your skin tone. If you haven’t found your match yet, you might want to use our Foundation Selector. To keep your look dewy and light, try mixing your foundation with some of your moisturizer in the palm of your hand and apply as you would a liquid foundation.
2. Sweep Mauna Loa Bronzer into the hollows of the cheek and blend to your hairline to great some warmth and contour to the face.
3. Highlight with Lumina Luminous Shimmer Powder across your cheekbones, forehead and down the bridge of the nose with a #23 Kitten Brush.
4. With a #33 Liner/Brow Brush and a light hand define your eyebrows with your eye brow color of choice. We suggest Blond for lighter brows, Raven and Mahogany for medium brows, and Espresso for the darkest of brows.
6. Apply Champagne Pearluster Eyeshsadow all over the lid up to the brow to prep the lid.
7. To add warmth to lid apply Mocha Pearluster Eyeshadow into the corners of the eyelid and wing out while blending back to the eye.
9. Liberally apply two coats of the Natural Definition Mascara in Black.
10. Finish the look with Sweet Pea Lip Tint for a naturally gorgeous pink pout.
Golden Globes nominee Lupita Nyong'o was radiant in a red, caped gown and flawless makeup. Recreate her look using Alima Pure mineral makeup.
Alima Pure’s first-ever brand collaboration with Professional Makeup Artist Kristen Arnett is now on sale! We’re excited to unveil the Me Encanta Collection—a limited edition makeup collection exclusively available on our website for Holiday 2013.
The very first step to working with makeup for acne prone skin is to make sure your previous makeup application removal is thorough. While keeping up with a good cleanser and moisturizer that works well with your skin is necessary before any application of makeup, the makeup brushes you use and the care you take of your products may be equally important.
To create a gorgeous, natural makeup look for summer like Karen Elson's, start with the Satin Matte Foundation that matches your skin tone. If you haven’t found your match yet, you might want to use our Foundation Selector. To keep your look dewy and light, try mixing your foundation with some of your moisturizer in the palm of your hand and apply as you would a liquid foundation. If you prefer to use your foundation dry, sweep a little Lumina Luminous Shimmer Powder across your cheekbones and forehead.
For a natural flush, Satin Matte Blush in Pink on the apples of the cheeks works for almost every skin tone. Then using the #37 Eye Blending Brush, sweep a little Pearluster Eyeshadow in Champagne on your lids. Using the #33 Angle Liner Brush, line eyes with Pewter Satin Matte Eyeliner. Dampen your brush for a defined look, and then smudge a bit of dry powder around the edges of the liner.
To complete the look, groom your brows, apply a coat or two of black mascara, and sweep Sweet Pea Nourishing Lipbalm on to your lips. Voila, you are ready for a day at the beach or a night on the red carpet!
(Source: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America)