It’s that time of year again! We asked around the office this week to see what everyone was loving this season and here’s what we found. Don’t forget to share what your loving or coveting this spring too!
“I’ve been wearing Natural Definition Mascara in Brown almost everyday for the past few weeks and I can’t get enough of it. The Brown in particular brightens the eyes.”- Sara, Marketing
“The Gaia Collection is so different for spring and I think that’s why I’m drawn to it. It’s strong and wearable, perfect for nights out.” -Hannah, Operations
“When I think spring I think of the shade green and Atlantis Pearluster Eyeshadow is a gorgeous wearable shade of green that I love to wear.” Charlene, Operations
“Sombra Contour Powder is the best mult-tasker for spring! You can use it to contour, add warmth to the skin, and also as an eyeshadow." – Kate, CEO
“Tigereye Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow has to be my favorite because I wear it every single day!” – Karin, Operations
“It’s all about brows for me. The #33 Liner/Brow Brush is definitely in my bag for spring.” -Urmila, Sales
“I am really into Olympia Radiant Finishing Powder right now. I usually wear Keiko Satin Finishing Powder for it’s matte finish in the winter but I’ll be wearing it’s radiant counterpart all spring and summer long." -Portia, Operations
We’re loving the au naturale no-makeup makeup look that is fresh for spring, proving that less really is more sometimes. Follow these simple steps to achieve that barely-there makeup look that will enhance your skin tone and natural features. There’s no harm in saving the shimmer for summer!
1. Moisturize your skin with your favorite moisturizer. We love to use coconut oil!
4. Prep the eyes with a wash of Champagne Pearluster Eyeshadow using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush. This particular shade brightens the eyes and conceals any discoloration on the lids. The perfect nude!
6. Apply a layer of Natural Definition Mascara in Brown to liven up your lashes.
7. Use Sweet Pea Lip Tint to give lips a healthy shine and hint of natural color.
Sombra Contour Powder is deeply pigmented to enhance natural bone structure and sculpt the face by creating shadow and definition. Whether you want to make your face thinner, your nose longer or your cheekbones stand out, adding shadows give the appearance of depth to balance your overall face shape.
Swirl your #7 Half Moon Brush in Sombra Contour Powder and outline your hairline or sweep it along your jawline for a stronger jawbone. This versatile shaping powder is a luxurious matte for a natural finish. The Half Moon Brush is the perfect shape to sculpt your naturally gorgeous bone structure and is on sale for a limited time only!
Dust, glow and go!
Formerly known as our “Luminous Shimmer Powders,” our natural mineral Highlighters are a great pick-me-up for the cheeks, forehead, eyes and shoulders. Lightly dust under the eyes, above the brows and on the browbone to add life and brightness to your peepers, or add a dab above your cupid’s bow for a fuller pout.
Incandescent and brightening, our Highlighters can also perk up your complexion, accentuate the features you love and add an overall youthful, healthy glow. They are free of irritants, dyes, fillers, gluten and toxins and certified natural by BDIH. Go ahead—highlight and radiate your inner beauty. It’s illuminating.
Greek mythology tells us that out of Chaos Gaia was born. As the creator of the universe she is mother earth, and everything that exists in the world originates from her. Gaia represents strength, power, creation, and maternal nurturing. Inspired by this, we created a collection of strong earth tones. Our Gaia Collection features two Limited Edition Eyeshadows, and our all new Limited Edition Radiant Finishing Powder. The eyeshadow in Chaos is a fiery copper, Celestial eyeshadow is a deep blacked gold, and Radiant Finishing Powder in Sacred is a soft glowing peach. Together these shades create a strong and enchanting look. Follow these simple steps to achieve this powerful look:
3. Lightly dust Radiant Finishing Powder in Sacred along the forehead, cheekbone and jawline; as you would with a bronzer or highlighter. The #23 Kitten Brush is the perfect tool for the job, this way you will get a sheer glowing application.
4. With the #37 Eye Blending Brush sweep the Sacred Radiant Finishing Powder from the lash line to brow bone. This acts as a nice base and brow bone highlight.
6. Dampen your #33 Angle Liner Brush with water and blend with Celestial to create a liquid liner. Apply Celestial to the upper and lower lash line for intense definition. Bring the line as close to your lashes as possible.. Extend the liner slightly past your natural lash line and wing it up for an eye widening effect.
8. Coat your lashes with several layers of Natural Definition Mascara in Black to add drama.
9. Finish the look with Rhubarb Lip Tint to moisturize and enhance your natural lip color.
Kate Hudson looked radiant on the red carpet at this year’s Oscars event. Her elegant 40’s inspired look was complimented by her sun-kissed glowing skin, subtle smoky eye, and nude lip. We have recreated Kate’s picture perfect look using Alima Pure products in these 10 simple steps below.
1. Start with the Satin Matte Foundation that matches your skin tone. If you haven’t found your match yet, you might want to use our Foundation Selector. To keep your look dewy and light, try mixing your foundation with some of your moisturizer in the palm of your hand and apply as you would a liquid foundation.
2. Sweep Mauna Loa Bronzer into the hollows of the cheek and blend to your hairline to great some warmth and contour to the face.
3. Highlight with Lumina Luminous Shimmer Powder across your cheekbones, forehead and down the bridge of the nose with a #23 Kitten Brush.
4. With a #33 Liner/Brow Brush and a light hand define your eyebrows with your eye brow color of choice. We suggest Blond for lighter brows, Raven and Mahogany for medium brows, and Espresso for the darkest of brows.
6. Apply Champagne Pearluster Eyeshsadow all over the lid up to the brow to prep the lid.
7. To add warmth to lid apply Mocha Pearluster Eyeshadow into the corners of the eyelid and wing out while blending back to the eye.
9. Liberally apply two coats of the Natural Definition Mascara in Black.
10. Finish the look with Sweet Pea Lip Tint for a naturally gorgeous pink pout.
Spring is just around the corner, and with it comes new life and color. Fresh for Spring is Orchid Pearluster Eyeshadow - the perfect shade to introduce a bit vibrancy in to your look. Orchid complements virtually every skin tone and eye color, and it pairs beautifully with our In Bloom Collection. Here is how you can get the look:
To start, Rachel is wearing our Satin Matte Foundation in Warm 1, applied with the #25 Foundation Brush and #3 Concealer Brush. For a soft finish, we applied a light layer of the Satin Matte Finishing Powder in Keiko. We then applied Limited Edition Luminous Shimmer Blush in Lily onto the apples of her cheeks with the #17 Blush Brush.
Follow these simple steps for a fresh radiant look. Have fun, play, be your naturally gorgeous self!