Emma Stone always looks naturally gorgeous but she really outdid herself at this year’s Met Ball with an effortless sun-kissed makeup look. Enjoy our “get the look” step-by-step on how to achieve this radiant photo-ready red carpet look.
1. Apply your shade of Satin Matte Foundation (Emma is a Warm 1) with a #25 Brush to freshly moisturized skin. For this look, try for sheer coverage by blending your Satin Matte Foundation more than usual (buffing with a tissue can be really helpful here).
4. Pop Melon Satin Matte Blush onto the apples of the cheeks, and then blend to the hairline with your #23 Kitten Brush (with the leftover Olympia Radiant Powder on the bristles). This creates a gentle terracotta glowing blush.
6. Prep the eyes with a wash of Silk Pearluster Eyeshadow over the lids and up to the brow bone using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush.
9. Finish the eyes by curling the lashes and applying two coats of Natural Definition Mascara in black to both the top and bottom lashes.
10. Finally, finish the look with two coats of Lotus Lip Tint - it’s the perfect raspberry pink shade to compliment this effortlessly glam look. Have fun!
We’re so excited to share our Mother’s Day gift guide, featuring some of our favorite easy-to-use products to celebrate the best job in the world—motherhood.
The Half Moon Brush is the perfect multitasker, ideal for the woman on the go. It works well with Satin Matte Foundation, Bronzer, and especially Contour Powder. And it fits perfectly in virtually any handbag and clutch to boot!
Lotus Lip Tint is a versatile spring lip shade that is buildable for more intensity yet has a feminine and sheer finish with one coat for a perfect pretty-in-pink pout. It is also jam-packed with nourishing ingredients to protect lips all spring and summer long.
Gaia is the creator who gave birth to the Universe (literally meaning “Earth”) making this collection the perfect gift for any fiery mom. Gaia Limited Edition Collection features two gorgeous Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadows and is paired with coppery Radiant Finishing Powder to create a naturally strong and bold look.
Bronzer is the perfect gift for this time of year, can suit nearly any complexion, and happens to be 20% off for a limited time. We suggest matte shades like Mauna Loa and Trindad if you’re not quite sure which shade would best suit your mother.
Last, but certainly not least, the Isolt Limited Edition Collection is a gorgeous gift to channel a mother’s inner goddess. Isolt represents love and passion and is a skilled healer thanks to her undying adoration and devotion. This set features two gorgeous Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadows and is paired with golden Radiant Finishing Powder to create a romantic and sweet look.
As we head into the warmer months, you may be reaching for your bronzer a bit more or thinking about trying a new shade all together. To help, we have put together this little guide to Alima Pure Bronzers. They are 20% off this week only!
Should I apply Bronzer before Blush? Does it matter?
Bronzer is created to give you a more tanned effect and blush lifts the cheekbones with color. Generally, it’s best to apply Bronzer before Blush and blend them out to create the most natural finish possible.
Should I choose a shimmer or matte bronzer?
If you use a shimmer bronzer then use a Satin Matte Blush and vice versa. We love a hint of shimmer for added glamour but be sure to use it sparingly for a natural look. If you’re using your bronzer to also contour we suggest matte only.
Which brush is ideal for using bronzer?
We are in love with our #23 Kitten Brush for all things Bronzer. It’s a foolproof tool that is used for a light, sheer application. It also works well with virtually every face powder.
Where should I apply bronzer?
Everyone has their own technique, but we believe you should apply bronzer where the sun would hit. For example, across the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, and a bit on the forehead and chin. Since our Bronzer has natural ingredients you can even use it to contour the eyes if you’d like.
I wear a Cool 0 Foundation, am I too light for Bronzer?
Not at all! Adding warmth to any skin tone can look healthy and naturally gorgeous. We suggest Maracaibo Bronzer for you, which suits the lightest skin tones.
Is it safe to use Alima Pure Bronzer as a body bronzer?
It is most definitely safe to use as a body bronzer. In fact, some of us love mixing Seychelles Bronzer especially with our favorite lotion to create a glowing body bronzer. It adds a little bit of coverage and warmth to show off those legs after the long winter!
This Earth Day we are honored and excited to be included in the ‘2014 B Corp Best for the Environment‘ list, along with amazing companies which we greatly admire. We have earned an environmental score in the top 10% of all Certified B Corporations on our B Impact Assessment, a comprehensive evaluation of a B Corporation’s impact on its workers, community, and the environment. What a perfect gift on this important day!
Not just Earth Day, but everyday we work to create a healthy planet. For instance, did you know we’ve been a member of 1% for the Planet since our first year in business? We donate 1% of our annual gross revenue (sales, not profit) to grassroots environmental organizations dedicated to protecting our planet. In addition, for the past six years we have offset 100% of our corporate carbon emissions through contributions to Carbon Fund. Our products are also BDIH and Leaping Bunny certified.
B Corps are committed to being better companies – better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment. B Corps like us meet what Inc. magazine calls ‘the highest standard in socially responsible business.’ We are leading a global movement to redefine success in business so one day all companies compete to be not only the best in the world but best for the world.
Thank you for all your support. You are helping us succeed where it truly matters. We are proud to be Best for the World.
Want to do more? Visit bthechange.com and join the movement of people using business as a force for good.
Radiant Finishing Powder creates a natural luminosity with a soft pearl finish. Use it to set your favorite foundation or alone for light coverage and warm glow. Its sister product, Satin Matte Finishing Powder, provides similar light coverage and sets foundation but creates a smooth, velvety matte finish.
If you’re still searching for your correct shade, or have any questions about any of our products, please don’t hesitate to contact our makeup artist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you.
We’re loving everything about this video from local buddies Wild Ones. A day trip out to the ghost town of Shaniko, OR, where this haunting video was filmed, is definitely on the horizon.
We were so pleasantly surprised to discover this beautiful visit to Mikola and Randall’s airy little home on Apartment Therapy. On a related note, have you checked out Portland Supply Co? Mikola is one half of the team behind the blog.
One of us is looking forward to curling up under the newly blooming Lilac and reading Bunny Bunny again.
We’re pretty thrilled to have Rhubarb Lip Tint inside of BIRCHBOX’s Limited Edition: Free for All box. This collection is jam-packed with amazing products that are free from parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petrochemicals, and GMOs.
Isolt is the Celtic Goddess of love and fertility. She is known as a powerful force of energy, passion, love, endurance, and healing. Inspired by Isolt, we created a collection of complementary shades that create a strong and romantic look.
Our Isolt Collection includes Eternal a shimmering bronze eyeshadow, Cosmic a golden toned blue eyeshadow, and Tender Radiant Finishing Powder a sheer nude with a soft golden finish.
On Sarah, we created and alluring smokey eyed look perfect for spring nights. Here is how you can get the look.
3. Work a small amount of our Radiant Finishing Powder in Tender in the bristles of our favorite multi-tasker the #23 Kitten Brush, and apply with a light hand as you would a bronzer. With the #37 Eye Blending Brush you can target the brow bone and upper cheekbone for more of a highlighting effect.
5. After your liner has had a moment to dry, use the #39 Large Shadow Brush to blend Eternal up into your crease. For bolder coverage this can also be applied wet.
6. Line the bottom lash line with Eternal using our #33 Angle Liner Brush.
7. With a #37 Eye Blending Brush pop Cosmic to the center of the lids to create a burst of color. You can also use your finger to reapply for more intensity.
8. We filled in Sarah’s brows with our Satin Matte Eyeshadow in Mahogany. Our #33 Angle Liner Brush is the perfect tool for the job. Sweep the shade sparingly along your brows for extra definition and face framing.
9. Next, coat your lashes with Natural Definition Mascara in Brown.
10. Our Lip Tint in Mango on the lips is the perfect finishing touch for this look.
This romantic look is lovely on all, and so simple once you follow the steps. We hope you love the look! Be inspired, be daring, be naturally gorgeous you.