Emma Stone always looks naturally gorgeous but she really outdid herself at this year’s Met Ball with an effortless sun-kissed makeup look. Enjoy our “get the look” step-by-step on how to achieve this radiant photo-ready red carpet look.
1. Apply your shade of Satin Matte Foundation (Emma is a Warm 1) with a #25 Brush to freshly moisturized skin. For this look, try for sheer coverage by blending your Satin Matte Foundation more than usual (buffing with a tissue can be really helpful here).
4. Pop Melon Satin Matte Blush onto the apples of the cheeks, and then blend to the hairline with your #23 Kitten Brush (with the leftover Olympia Radiant Powder on the bristles). This creates a gentle terracotta glowing blush.
6. Prep the eyes with a wash of Silk Pearluster Eyeshadow over the lids and up to the brow bone using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush.
9. Finish the eyes by curling the lashes and applying two coats of Natural Definition Mascara in black to both the top and bottom lashes.
10. Finally, finish the look with two coats of Lotus Lip Tint - it’s the perfect raspberry pink shade to compliment this effortlessly glam look. Have fun!
Dust, glow and go!
Formerly known as our “Luminous Shimmer Powders,” our natural mineral Highlighters are a great pick-me-up for the cheeks, forehead, eyes and shoulders. Lightly dust under the eyes, above the brows and on the browbone to add life and brightness to your peepers, or add a dab above your cupid’s bow for a fuller pout.
Incandescent and brightening, our Highlighters can also perk up your complexion, accentuate the features you love and add an overall youthful, healthy glow. They are free of irritants, dyes, fillers, gluten and toxins and certified natural by BDIH. Go ahead—highlight and radiate your inner beauty. It’s illuminating.
This week Alima Pure has a special on three of our Luminous Shimmer Powders (your choice of Lumina, Sorbet or Dolce) and the amazing #21 Buff Brush for only $25. This great value makes a great gift and is also a fun way to treat yourself, but how exactly do you use a shimmer powder?
During the holidays, it is fun to add a bit of glam to your regular look with a touch of shimmer on the tops of the cheekbones or under the brow bone. If confined to these two areas, there is no reason you can't wear shimmer powder during the day.
At night, let your imagination run wild! In addition to the brow bone and cheekbones, you can dab a small amount of shimmer on the bridge of the nose and the chin, and run a bit across the forehead. Or if you are truly not shimmer-phobic, tap out some of your Satin Matte Foundation into a bowl or on a paper towel and mix a small amount of the shimmer powder in, to give you a subtle, but radiant glow. You can also apply the shimmer powder to the lips, either mixed with your favorite lip color, or dabbed on top (focus on the center of the lips, don't go clear out to the sides). If you apply a small amount to the center of your lower lip, you can create a pouty, fuller look.
If you are wearing something that is either low-cut or has a wide neckline, dust shimmer on exposed skin. If you're wearing bare shoulders, carry the shimmer across your shoulders, gradually blending it down the arms.
If you're wearing a skirt, pour some body lotion into your hand and then tap shimmer powder on top. Mix the two well and apply to your legs. Don't go overboard here, because you don't want it to rub off on everything you touch. Just a tiny bit will adhere nicely with the lotion and should wear for hours.