Kate Hudson looked radiant on the red carpet at this year’s Oscars event. Her elegant 40’s inspired look was complimented by her sun-kissed glowing skin, subtle smoky eye, and nude lip. We have recreated Kate’s picture perfect look using Alima Pure products in these 10 simple steps below.
1. Start with the Satin Matte Foundation that matches your skin tone. If you haven’t found your match yet, you might want to use our Foundation Selector. To keep your look dewy and light, try mixing your foundation with some of your moisturizer in the palm of your hand and apply as you would a liquid foundation.
2. Sweep Mauna Loa Bronzer into the hollows of the cheek and blend to your hairline to great some warmth and contour to the face.
3. Highlight with Lumina Luminous Shimmer Powder across your cheekbones, forehead and down the bridge of the nose with a #23 Kitten Brush.
4. With a #33 Liner/Brow Brush and a light hand define your eyebrows with your eye brow color of choice. We suggest Blond for lighter brows, Raven and Mahogany for medium brows, and Espresso for the darkest of brows.
6. Apply Champagne Pearluster Eyeshsadow all over the lid up to the brow to prep the lid.
7. To add warmth to lid apply Mocha Pearluster Eyeshadow into the corners of the eyelid and wing out while blending back to the eye.
9. Liberally apply two coats of the Natural Definition Mascara in Black.
10. Finish the look with Sweet Pea Lip Tint for a naturally gorgeous pink pout.
Spring is just around the corner, and with it comes new life and color. Fresh for Spring is Orchid Pearluster Eyeshadow - the perfect shade to introduce a bit vibrancy in to your look. Orchid complements virtually every skin tone and eye color, and it pairs beautifully with our In Bloom Collection. Here is how you can get the look:
To start, Rachel is wearing our Satin Matte Foundation in Warm 1, applied with the #25 Foundation Brush and #3 Concealer Brush. For a soft finish, we applied a light layer of the Satin Matte Finishing Powder in Keiko. We then applied Limited Edition Luminous Shimmer Blush in Lily onto the apples of her cheeks with the #17 Blush Brush.
Follow these simple steps for a fresh radiant look. Have fun, play, be your naturally gorgeous self!
Pantone officially announced that “Radiant Orchid” was the color of the year for 2014. According to the press release, the color evokes intrigue and imagination for the New Year:
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
1. Joie Lexington Bootie 2. Abstract Watercolor by Louis Art Studio 3.Orchid Pearluster Eyeshadow 4. Orchid Street Style 5. Gemstone Bracelet 6. Ombre Tissue Tassel 7. Gizmon iCA5 8. Yoshii Two Tone Chambray Towel 9. Glittrar Candle
We’re totally smitten with this radiant shade and are so excited to introduce Orchid Pearluster Eyeshadow to our collection for a limited time. This semi-matte pearluster shadow is a soft shimmering fuchsia—the perfect hue for different makeup looks and complementary to many hair, eye and skin tones. We also added some of our favorite Radiant Orchid picks that we have on our growing wishlist.
Orchid is a modern and versatile shade that enlivens the skin for both cool and warm undertones. This semi-matte pearluster shadow is a soft shimmering fuchsia—the perfect hue for different makeup looks and complementary to many hair, eye and skin tones. Orchid also pairs well with shades of lavender and pink, such as the featured the mineral blushes and mineral eyeshadows in our In Bloom makeup trios.
In our quest to find the #PerfectMatch, we fell in love with these sunglasses from one of our local pals here in Portland. Fetch Lee Suns featured a striking teardrop shape, with a delicate acetate edging. The Rose Garden color-way is the perfect complement to our In Bloom Collection—ushering in flowers and warmer weather in anticipation for spring.
One lucky winner will get a prize package that includes the following:
To enter the giveaway, you simply need to:
The contest starts today and ends on Friday, February 14 at 11:59 PM PT.* One lucky winner will be randomly drawn and announced on Monday, February 17.
*Please pardon us while we cover our bases. LOVE IS IN BLOOM GIVEAWAY is sponsored by Alima Cosmetics, Inc. in Portland, Oregon. No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the U.S. and District of Columbia only. Users must be at least 18 years old. One entry per email address. One bonus entry awarded per Facebook friend that enters after entrant.
Giveaway runs through Friday, February 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST. One winner will be chosen at random on Monday, February 17 and will receive the prize package, which includes: One (1) pair of Fetch Lee Suns in Rose Garden, one (1) In Bloom Collection of choice (Lily or Zinnia), one (1) Natural Definition Mascara in Black and one (1) Lip Tint in Sweet Pea. Prize package valued at $155 USD retail price, excluding tax and shipping charges. Promotion details are subject to change without notice. Alima Cosmetics, Inc. reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
By entering the LOVE IS IN BLOOM GIVEAWAY, entrants accept and agree to these rules and the decisions of Alima Cosmetics, Inc., which shall be final. Alima Cosmetics, Inc. may use winner’s name for promotional purposes (including posting first name and last initial on the Facebook page and/or website) for no additional compensation, except where prohibited. Prizewinner will be announced on our Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/alimapure) and Pure Alima Blog (http://www.alimapure.com/blogs/pure-alima-blog) after prize award. This offer may not be published elsewhere without the written permission of Alima Cosmetics, Inc.