Summer is the season for adventure, exploration, and expanding your horizons. With this in mind we created the Horizon Limited Edition Color Collection. Inspired by the gorgeous landscape of the arid desert, this collection is minimalist, versatile, and universally flattering on all skin tones.
The Horizon Limited Edition Color Collection features the following full-size products:
Bone Satin Matte Eyeshadow: A sheer neutral cream with a soft matte finish perfect for all over the lid to brighten the eyes.
Terracotta Pearluster Eyeshadow: A warm earthy clay with a soft glowing finish, perfect to apply all over the lid to enhance eye color and also to contour the eyes in the crease.
Desert Poppy Lip Tint: A creamy dusty rose for muted pretty lips all summer long.
This special collection is now available along with the Horizon Full Color Story and Horizon Brush Collection. We hope you enjoy playing with these new shades and expanding your horizons all summer long!
We live in a peaceful neighborhood with lots of space and trees around. The streets don’t go through and there’s nothing much to see except houses, so there’s not much traffic. When the windows are open you can hear the occasional dog or lawn mower, sometimes distant traffic, but it’s quiet. That all changes in the early morning when the local golf club grooms its course. And the bit closest to our house, the putting green, is groomed by four leaf blowers (yes four!) every summer morning from 5:45 – 6:00 am. Monday through Sunday. And it wakes me up every morning.
Staffer Sara Lewis getting her headstand on
For the first few days I lay in bed trying to imagine what kind of machine could possibly make so much noise. Then one morning I raced down the hill in my pajamas to find out. The guys were amazingly affable but unmovable. Their schedule was set in stone, apparently. I was not happy and not especially gracious, I’m embarrassed to say.
After a couple of weeks lying awake during the beautiful early summer mornings I realized that my favorite yoga studio offers classes weekday mornings at 6 am. If I were to drag myself off to those classes I would never even hear the dreaded leaf blowers. Well, except for Saturday and Sunday. But maybe I’d be calmer about it after all that yoga and being used to rising early.
So off I went. I set my alarm for 5:30, tumbled out of bed, pulled on my yoga clothes, brushed my teeth, splashed my face with water, and was settled on my mat by 5:50 am.
At first it was hard. This was no evening relaxation class. This was the type-A ‘we get up at 5:30 to do yoga’ slightly competitive class. In fact I might have stopped going except that I knew that if I were still in bed at 5:45 I’d be fuming at innocent (but obnoxious) leaf blowers. So I kept with it. And I got stronger. And also calmer. All the wonderful gifts of a good yoga class were changing my days in the best possible way.
One day recently, on my way home in the morning, I had a fleeting moment of gratitude for the leaf blowers. My whole being had changed as a result of their morning schedule. Still, I’d be happy if they could knock it off on Saturday and Sunday.
Emma Stone always looks naturally gorgeous but she really outdid herself at this year’s Met Ball with an effortless sun-kissed makeup look. Enjoy our “get the look” step-by-step on how to achieve this radiant photo-ready red carpet look.
1. Apply your shade of Satin Matte Foundation (Emma is a Warm 1) with a #25 Brush to freshly moisturized skin. For this look, try for sheer coverage by blending your Satin Matte Foundation more than usual (buffing with a tissue can be really helpful here).
4. Pop Melon Satin Matte Blush onto the apples of the cheeks, and then blend to the hairline with your #23 Kitten Brush (with the leftover Olympia Radiant Powder on the bristles). This creates a gentle terracotta glowing blush.
6. Prep the eyes with a wash of Silk Pearluster Eyeshadow over the lids and up to the brow bone using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush.
9. Finish the eyes by curling the lashes and applying two coats of Natural Definition Mascara in black to both the top and bottom lashes.
10. Finally, finish the look with two coats of Lotus Lip Tint - it’s the perfect raspberry pink shade to compliment this effortlessly glam look. Have fun!
We’re loving everything about this video from local buddies Wild Ones. A day trip out to the ghost town of Shaniko, OR, where this haunting video was filmed, is definitely on the horizon.
We were so pleasantly surprised to discover this beautiful visit to Mikola and Randall’s airy little home on Apartment Therapy. On a related note, have you checked out Portland Supply Co? Mikola is one half of the team behind the blog.
One of us is looking forward to curling up under the newly blooming Lilac and reading Bunny Bunny again.
We’re pretty thrilled to have Rhubarb Lip Tint inside of BIRCHBOX’s Limited Edition: Free for All box. This collection is jam-packed with amazing products that are free from parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petrochemicals, and GMOs.
Isolt is the Celtic Goddess of love and fertility. She is known as a powerful force of energy, passion, love, endurance, and healing. Inspired by Isolt, we created a collection of complementary shades that create a strong and romantic look.
Our Isolt Collection includes Eternal a shimmering bronze eyeshadow, Cosmic a golden toned blue eyeshadow, and Tender Radiant Finishing Powder a sheer nude with a soft golden finish.
On Sarah, we created and alluring smokey eyed look perfect for spring nights. Here is how you can get the look.
3. Work a small amount of our Radiant Finishing Powder in Tender in the bristles of our favorite multi-tasker the #23 Kitten Brush, and apply with a light hand as you would a bronzer. With the #37 Eye Blending Brush you can target the brow bone and upper cheekbone for more of a highlighting effect.
5. After your liner has had a moment to dry, use the #39 Large Shadow Brush to blend Eternal up into your crease. For bolder coverage this can also be applied wet.
6. Line the bottom lash line with Eternal using our #33 Angle Liner Brush.
7. With a #37 Eye Blending Brush pop Cosmic to the center of the lids to create a burst of color. You can also use your finger to reapply for more intensity.
8. We filled in Sarah’s brows with our Satin Matte Eyeshadow in Mahogany. Our #33 Angle Liner Brush is the perfect tool for the job. Sweep the shade sparingly along your brows for extra definition and face framing.
9. Next, coat your lashes with Natural Definition Mascara in Brown.
10. Our Lip Tint in Mango on the lips is the perfect finishing touch for this look.
This romantic look is lovely on all, and so simple once you follow the steps. We hope you love the look! Be inspired, be daring, be naturally gorgeous you.
Image via Pinterest
You’ll need a gallon of organic apple juice and a good sized knob of ginger (I use one about half the size of my hand). Scrub the ginger, slice it into chunks, and put it into a large non-reactive (stainless steel or enameled cast iron rather than aluminum) pot. Bring it to a low simmer and let it cook for an hour or so until it’s well flavored and somewhat reduced. Strain out the ginger (it can get too spicy if the ginger remains), pour the juice into glass jars, and refrigerate. The apple ginger concentrate will keep for 3 days or so in the refrigerator. Reheat cup by cup as needed, or mix with bubbly water for a refreshing cold drink. Cinnamon is also a lovely addition.
What do you crave when the weather turns?
We’re loving the au naturale no-makeup makeup look that is fresh for spring, proving that less really is more sometimes. Follow these simple steps to achieve that barely-there makeup look that will enhance your skin tone and natural features. There’s no harm in saving the shimmer for summer!
1. Moisturize your skin with your favorite moisturizer. We love to use coconut oil!
4. Prep the eyes with a wash of Champagne Pearluster Eyeshadow using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush. This particular shade brightens the eyes and conceals any discoloration on the lids. The perfect nude!
6. Apply a layer of Natural Definition Mascara in Brown to liven up your lashes.
7. Use Sweet Pea Lip Tint to give lips a healthy shine and hint of natural color.