Isolt is the Celtic Goddess of love and fertility. She is known as a powerful force of energy, passion, love, endurance, and healing. Inspired by Isolt, we created a collection of complementary shades that create a strong and romantic look.
Our Isolt Collection includes Eternal a shimmering bronze eyeshadow, Cosmic a golden toned blue eyeshadow, and Tender Radiant Finishing Powder a sheer nude with a soft golden finish.
On Sarah, we created and alluring smokey eyed look perfect for spring nights. Here is how you can get the look.
3. Work a small amount of our Radiant Finishing Powder in Tender in the bristles of our favorite multi-tasker the #23 Kitten Brush, and apply with a light hand as you would a bronzer. With the #37 Eye Blending Brush you can target the brow bone and upper cheekbone for more of a highlighting effect.
5. After your liner has had a moment to dry, use the #39 Large Shadow Brush to blend Eternal up into your crease. For bolder coverage this can also be applied wet.
6. Line the bottom lash line with Eternal using our #33 Angle Liner Brush.
7. With a #37 Eye Blending Brush pop Cosmic to the center of the lids to create a burst of color. You can also use your finger to reapply for more intensity.
8. We filled in Sarah’s brows with our Satin Matte Eyeshadow in Mahogany. Our #33 Angle Liner Brush is the perfect tool for the job. Sweep the shade sparingly along your brows for extra definition and face framing.
9. Next, coat your lashes with Natural Definition Mascara in Brown.
10. Our Lip Tint in Mango on the lips is the perfect finishing touch for this look.
This romantic look is lovely on all, and so simple once you follow the steps. We hope you love the look! Be inspired, be daring, be naturally gorgeous you.
Image via Pinterest
You’ll need a gallon of organic apple juice and a good sized knob of ginger (I use one about half the size of my hand). Scrub the ginger, slice it into chunks, and put it into a large non-reactive (stainless steel or enameled cast iron rather than aluminum) pot. Bring it to a low simmer and let it cook for an hour or so until it’s well flavored and somewhat reduced. Strain out the ginger (it can get too spicy if the ginger remains), pour the juice into glass jars, and refrigerate. The apple ginger concentrate will keep for 3 days or so in the refrigerator. Reheat cup by cup as needed, or mix with bubbly water for a refreshing cold drink. Cinnamon is also a lovely addition.
What do you crave when the weather turns?
We’re loving the au naturale no-makeup makeup look that is fresh for spring, proving that less really is more sometimes. Follow these simple steps to achieve that barely-there makeup look that will enhance your skin tone and natural features. There’s no harm in saving the shimmer for summer!
1. Moisturize your skin with your favorite moisturizer. We love to use coconut oil!
4. Prep the eyes with a wash of Champagne Pearluster Eyeshadow using a #39 Large Eyeshadow Brush. This particular shade brightens the eyes and conceals any discoloration on the lids. The perfect nude!
6. Apply a layer of Natural Definition Mascara in Brown to liven up your lashes.
7. Use Sweet Pea Lip Tint to give lips a healthy shine and hint of natural color.
Sombra Contour Powder is deeply pigmented to enhance natural bone structure and sculpt the face by creating shadow and definition. Whether you want to make your face thinner, your nose longer or your cheekbones stand out, adding shadows give the appearance of depth to balance your overall face shape.
Swirl your #7 Half Moon Brush in Sombra Contour Powder and outline your hairline or sweep it along your jawline for a stronger jawbone. This versatile shaping powder is a luxurious matte for a natural finish. The Half Moon Brush is the perfect shape to sculpt your naturally gorgeous bone structure and is on sale for a limited time only!
Dust, glow and go!
Formerly known as our “Luminous Shimmer Powders,” our natural mineral Highlighters are a great pick-me-up for the cheeks, forehead, eyes and shoulders. Lightly dust under the eyes, above the brows and on the browbone to add life and brightness to your peepers, or add a dab above your cupid’s bow for a fuller pout.
Incandescent and brightening, our Highlighters can also perk up your complexion, accentuate the features you love and add an overall youthful, healthy glow. They are free of irritants, dyes, fillers, gluten and toxins and certified natural by BDIH. Go ahead—highlight and radiate your inner beauty. It’s illuminating.
Kate Hudson looked radiant on the red carpet at this year’s Oscars event. Her elegant 40’s inspired look was complimented by her sun-kissed glowing skin, subtle smoky eye, and nude lip. We have recreated Kate’s picture perfect look using Alima Pure products in these 10 simple steps below.
1. Start with the Satin Matte Foundation that matches your skin tone. If you haven’t found your match yet, you might want to use our Foundation Selector. To keep your look dewy and light, try mixing your foundation with some of your moisturizer in the palm of your hand and apply as you would a liquid foundation.
2. Sweep Mauna Loa Bronzer into the hollows of the cheek and blend to your hairline to great some warmth and contour to the face.
3. Highlight with Lumina Luminous Shimmer Powder across your cheekbones, forehead and down the bridge of the nose with a #23 Kitten Brush.
4. With a #33 Liner/Brow Brush and a light hand define your eyebrows with your eye brow color of choice. We suggest Blond for lighter brows, Raven and Mahogany for medium brows, and Espresso for the darkest of brows.
6. Apply Champagne Pearluster Eyeshsadow all over the lid up to the brow to prep the lid.
7. To add warmth to lid apply Mocha Pearluster Eyeshadow into the corners of the eyelid and wing out while blending back to the eye.
9. Liberally apply two coats of the Natural Definition Mascara in Black.
10. Finish the look with Sweet Pea Lip Tint for a naturally gorgeous pink pout.
What is your favorite birthday memory? One of mine is of turning eight. The thing I really desired, more than anything, was a stuffed, plush snake. As odd as that may sound, they were all the rage with my friends at the time—long, fluff-filled pieces of fake fur with a wide head, felt tongue, big eyes and long eyelashes. It was the very definition of “cool” to have one curled up on your bed…at least to an 8-year-old. It was really the only thing I wanted that year. Sure, Barbie dolls and books were welcomed, but I reeeaaalllly wanted that stuffed snake. So when my younger sister sidled up to me on the afternoon of my birthday, and asked, “after you open your snake, can I play with it?” I was shocked by how disappointed I felt. Why was I sad to find out that I was getting my heart’s desire? Was it that I didn’t want a snake as much as I thought I did, or was it that she had ruined the delicious anticipation I had been enjoying--building up to the birthday dinner, then cake and presents? With as much introspection as one can handle on their eighth birthday, I decided it was the latter, and glared at my sister throughout dinner. But just a few hours later, all was forgiven when I opened up the package containing my beautiful, ice-blue, plush snake. Joy hit me full-force--it truly was great to be eight.