Alima believes in “leaving a light footprint” in all of our actions both in business and in our personal lives. We recycle. We use pure and natural ingredients in our products and eco-friendly packing materials. We limit our carbon emissions to reduce our impact on global warming. And we are aware that more can always be done.
Perhaps this is why we like Feng Shui, which cultivates the flow of harmonious energy through use of solar light, running water, free air ventilation, growing plants, and the presence of animals. “Feng Shui” literally means: “wind water.” Beauty originates in nature and all attempts to enhance beauty stem back to nature.
Continuing this thought of “treading gently” and leaving a “light footprint,” we decided to compile a list of friendly tips and reminders for green living. There are literally hundreds of ways to say: “thank you.” Here, then, are 5 of them.
1. Recycle: it sounds simple and, increasingly, it is. It is also a powerful green solution of critical importance to the environment. Did you know that Americans discard approximately 30 million trees each year in the form of used newsprint, alone?
2. Unplug electrical devices, turn down the furnace, and turn off lights. Energy efficiency saves money and dramatically reduces carbon emissions into the atmosphere.
3. Minimize water usage by placing “low flow” water saving devices over faucets and in showers. The world’s supply of fresh water is becoming a sacred resource; scientists estimate that water could be a scarce global commodity by 2050. “Low flow” devices help preserve water while further reducing carbon emissions.
4. Support local farms. Purchase locally produced food to limit use of fossil fuel (needed to transport food long distances), reduce fuel costs, and support community farmers.
5. Reduce greenhouse emissions by carpooling, bicycling, walking, and buying fuel-efficient, “green” vehicles, such as the Toyota Prius and Ford Hybrid, or investing in the new breed of electric vehicles such as GM’s Volt. Set a goal of reducing the number of miles driven each year by 30%. When it's time to trade up, get a car with 10mpg better fuel efficiency or more.
Alima Pure is on Facebook! We would love to have you as a fan. One lucky fan will be selected at random to receive a $50 Alima Pure gift certificate on September 15, so we hope you will join us.
Looking to pass a little love along to your best friend, sister or co-worker this Valentine’s Day? We have the perfect plan and we’re tickled pink – send a collection of special Alima Pure samples to a friend (for free)! For the next week when you place your order, just leave a note in the comments box with your friend's name and address. We'll send her three free samples of Alima colors chosen just for the occasion, along with a gorgeous card wishing her a Happy Valentine's Day. If you like, let us know whether she'd prefer our light collection, or deep collection (both are quite wearable, so you can't go wrong).
In addition, with your order of $25 or more (before shipping and after discounts), we're offering a free mini (eyeshadow sized) 'Sweetheart' limited edition blush - a soft medium pink with a hint of shimmer. We'll include it automatically when we pack your box, so don’t worry when it doesn’t show up on your order form.
Offers end at midnight PST, on February 12th, while supplies last.
Happy Valentine's Day from Alima Pure!
Alima Pure is featured in Summer Rayne Oakes gorgeous new book: Style, Naturally: The Savvy Shopping Guide to Sustainable Fashion & Beauty. It's launching today, and we want to wish her all the best - it looks gorgeous, and was a labor of love. We can't wait to get a copy!
Summer Rayne has created a sneak peak video on You Tube, if you'd like more information.
Enjoy 20% off Satin Matte Foundation now through February 1st. This is the perfect time to stock up! Both samples and full sizes are marked down, and your discount will appear at check out.
Happy New Year!
Valentine’s Day is definitely all about living “the sweet life.” With that in mind, Alima Pure has created La Dolce Vita - four seasonal eyeshadow colors to bring a little extra sweetness to your look, all without one extra calorie or fat gram.
Cupcake is a sweet, shimmery pink, as light and frothy as it’s namesake.
Petit Four is a sparkling beige with sparks of gold, as irresistible as the little cakes of the same name.
Tiramisu is a much-loved shade making a return appearance. If you were lucky enough to receive last year’s “Alima Signature Colors” stack of three shades, you have seen Tiramisu before. A shimmery, light-to-medium brown, Tiramisu will surely be a go-to color for many.
Mousse is named for dark chocolate mousse; deep enough to satisfy but not so heavy as to overwhelm. Our Mousse features a lovely golden shimmer.
As an added bonus, you will receive a deluxe sample of Meringue, a sparkling white.
La Dolce Vita “Sweet” look
Apply Cupcake from lashes to brow. Sweep Tiramisu into the crease, blending well. Apply Petit Four under lower lashes, from the outer corner and stopping about 2/3 of the way in. With a damp brush, line the upper lid with Mousse.
Use a matte pink blush like Pink or Raspberry on the apples of the cheek and apply a tiny bit of Cupcake shadow on the tops of cheekbones.
Finish with a pink balm like Acai or Rhubarb.
La Dolce Vita “Sultry” look
Apply Meringue from crease to brow, and Petit Four from lashes to crease. Use Mousse as a liner on top and bottom lashes, smudging well. Place Tiramisu directly above Mousse on the upper lid, blending it upwards toward the crease. Add a bit of Mousse to the outer corner and crease, blending well.
Apply a soft, earthy blush like Carnation to apples of cheeks and blend back towards ear.
Use a deeper lip balm like Cranberry, and apply liberally, then gently blot to leave a soft stain.