Kate Hudson looked radiant on the red carpet at this year’s Oscars event. Her elegant 40’s inspired look was complimented by her sun-kissed glowing skin, subtle smoky eye, and nude lip. We have recreated Kate’s picture perfect look using Alima Pure products in these 10 simple steps below.
1. Start with the Satin Matte Foundation that matches your skin tone. If you haven’t found your match yet, you might want to use our Foundation Selector. To keep your look dewy and light, try mixing your foundation with some of your moisturizer in the palm of your hand and apply as you would a liquid foundation.
2. Sweep Mauna Loa Bronzer into the hollows of the cheek and blend to your hairline to great some warmth and contour to the face.
3. Highlight with Lumina Luminous Shimmer Powder across your cheekbones, forehead and down the bridge of the nose with a #23 Kitten Brush.
4. With a #33 Liner/Brow Brush and a light hand define your eyebrows with your eye brow color of choice. We suggest Blond for lighter brows, Raven and Mahogany for medium brows, and Espresso for the darkest of brows.
6. Apply Champagne Pearluster Eyeshsadow all over the lid up to the brow to prep the lid.
7. To add warmth to lid apply Mocha Pearluster Eyeshadow into the corners of the eyelid and wing out while blending back to the eye.
9. Liberally apply two coats of the Natural Definition Mascara in Black.
10. Finish the look with Sweet Pea Lip Tint for a naturally gorgeous pink pout.
What is your favorite birthday memory? One of mine is of turning eight. The thing I really desired, more than anything, was a stuffed, plush snake. As odd as that may sound, they were all the rage with my friends at the time—long, fluff-filled pieces of fake fur with a wide head, felt tongue, big eyes and long eyelashes. It was the very definition of “cool” to have one curled up on your bed…at least to an 8-year-old. It was really the only thing I wanted that year. Sure, Barbie dolls and books were welcomed, but I reeeaaalllly wanted that stuffed snake. So when my younger sister sidled up to me on the afternoon of my birthday, and asked, “after you open your snake, can I play with it?” I was shocked by how disappointed I felt. Why was I sad to find out that I was getting my heart’s desire? Was it that I didn’t want a snake as much as I thought I did, or was it that she had ruined the delicious anticipation I had been enjoying--building up to the birthday dinner, then cake and presents? With as much introspection as one can handle on their eighth birthday, I decided it was the latter, and glared at my sister throughout dinner. But just a few hours later, all was forgiven when I opened up the package containing my beautiful, ice-blue, plush snake. Joy hit me full-force--it truly was great to be eight.
The randomly selected grand prize winner of the $100 Alima Pure voucher is: Rebecca F.
The ten (10) randomly selected runner-up winners, set to receive one of our Limited Edition Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadows, are: Agne M., Nikki M., Rebecca R., Rose, Padmini P., Kyla H., Sommer P., Uliya F., Jessica H. and Kate C.
Each of these shopping spree winners have been contacted via email, so if you think you may be one of the lucky recipients please check your inbox!
Dea is one of our amazing Customer Service experts. She answers emails and phones, solving shipping and credit card issues with calmness and kindness. In fact, we can't think of a time when we have ever seen Dea lose her temper!
Dea's current favorite product is Keiko Satin Finishing Powder. Keiko is the perfect complement to her Neutral 3 Satin Matte Foundation, and she loves the way it smooths over everything, giving her skin a more refined look, and keeps her matte all day long. But we should let Dea tell you!
"Keiko sets my makeup for the entire day, it's the last thing I apply after putting on my other makeup. All I need is a light application with the #23 Kitten Brush to give me a 'finished' look."
If you want to try a Satin Finishing Powder, but your skin isn't similar to Dea's in color, we can help.
- Try Yuki if you wear Cool 0, Cool 1, Neutral 0, Neutral 1, Beige 0, Beige 1, Warm 0, Warm 1 or Golden 0.
- Try Keiko if you wear Cool 2, Cool 3, Neutral 1, Neutral 2, Neutral 3, Beige 1, Beige 2, Beige 3, Warm 1, Warm 2, Golden 0, Golden 1, Olive 0 or Olive 1.
- Try Hanae if you wear Cool 3, Cool 4, Neutral 3, Neutral 3.5, Neutral 4, Beige 3, Beige 4, Warm 3, Warm 4, Golden 2, Golden 3, Olive 1.5 or Olive 2.
- Try Ami if you wear Cool 4, Cool 5, Neutral 4, Neutral 5, Beige 4, Beige 5, Warm 4, Warm 5, Golden 3, Golden 4, Golden 5, Olive 2 or Olive 3.
- Try Sayomi if you wear Cool 5, Cool 6, Neutral 5, Neutral 6, Neutral 7, Beige 6, Beige 7, Warm 5, Warm 6, Golden 5, Golden 6, Olive 4 or Olive 5.
- Try Takara if you wear Cool 7, Cool 8, Neutral 7, Neutral 8, Neutral 9, Beige 8, Beige 9, Warm 7, Warm 8, Warm 9, Golden 7, Golden 8, Golden 9, Olive 6 or Olive 7.
You may find your foundation shade listed under more than one Satin Finishing Powder shade. If that is the case, you could wear either one, and it will be a matter of preference which you like best. Try a sample size of each to see which seems to work best for you.
Have you noticed that it is now just a little easier to shop and select makeup colors on the Alima Pure website? We have been adding little features and hints to make it simpler to find what you're looking for, even if you aren't always exactly sure what you're looking for!
In our website make-over, we added a handy feature that allows you to sort all of our eye products and blush shades by color. Of course, we recognize that our idea of "pink" might not be exactly the same as your idea of "pink," but keep in mind that we have listed them by the shade we are most likely to call a particular color. While Eden Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow could be called "green" or "gold," it definitely could not be called "yellow," so it will show up in a search for "green" colors.
A couple of months ago, we added our 3 for $30 Eyehadow collections, to make it easier to buy coordinating eyeshadows based on what you want to achieve. For our first two rounds, we have focused on shades for different eye colors, but in the future we will also have some focusing on "looks," like a smoky eye or a polished, professional trio. In addition to these sets, we do have posts on our blog that recommend shadow shades for different eye colors; brown, blue or green.
And if your needs are more basic, we have added two new kit options. First, of course, is the Foundation Selector tool that we launched this week to help you find your perfect match. By answering the Foundation Selector questions, you are eligible to purchase a kit of samples to lead you to your match. The next step is our new kit, The Basic Face, which includes our cult-favorite #25 Foundation Brush and introductory sizes of your foundation shade, a Satin Matte Blush, Luminous Shimmer Blush and Satin Finishing Powder, all selected to complement your foundation. This kit takes the guess-work out of what blushes and finishing powder will work with your foundation, and includes shades that are the most popular for their category.
But even with all of these aids, sometimes nothing is better than personalized service. Our makeup artists are still available to answer your color questions.
Deep blue eyeshadow is huge runway trend this season and just so happen to be incredibly flattering on most eye colors. If you’re new to wearing blue, don't fret; here are a few quick tips to get you started. But more importantly, be adventurous and have fun playing!
Pop a deep shade like Navy Luminious Shimmer Eyeshadow or Smoke Luminious Shimmer Eyeshadow into the outer corner of your lower lid and blend out with a #37 Eye Blending Brush. This is a simple alternative to the traditional smokey eye. Try not to blend too high above the crease when using blues.
If you're like most people and wear a neutral shadow much of the time, try something lighter like Azure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow. With just a hint of Azure in the inner or center of your lower lid the center you can completely transform your look.
Since summer is slowly inching its way to Portland, we can’t help but dream of taking a vacation to the most “glam” summer vacation spot on the eastern shore. What better way to get in the mood for cocktail parties and sand than by planning a packing list perfect for the Hamptons?
01. Kate Spade Folding Cards 02. Alima Pure Organic Nourishing Lipbalm 03. Stella McCartney Aviators 04. Hive & Honey Fringe Hoop Earrings 05. Dorothy Perkins Beach Dress 06. Mathias Chaize Bracelets 07. BCBG "Brynn" Sandal 08. Kate Spade "Quick and Curious" iPhone Case 09. Alima Pure "The Hamptons" Eyeshadow Collection