Alima believes in “leaving a light footprint” in all of our actions both in business and in our personal lives. We recycle. We use pure and natural ingredients in our products and eco-friendly packing materials. We limit our carbon emissions to reduce our impact on global warming. And we are aware that more can always be done.
Perhaps this is why we like Feng Shui, which cultivates the flow of harmonious energy through use of solar light, running water, free air ventilation, growing plants, and the presence of animals. “Feng Shui” literally means: “wind water.” Beauty originates in nature and all attempts to enhance beauty stem back to nature.
Continuing this thought of “treading gently” and leaving a “light footprint,” we decided to compile a list of friendly tips and reminders for green living. There are literally hundreds of ways to say: “thank you.” Here, then, are 5 of them.
1. Recycle: it sounds simple and, increasingly, it is. It is also a powerful green solution of critical importance to the environment. Did you know that Americans discard approximately 30 million trees each year in the form of used newsprint, alone?
2. Unplug electrical devices, turn down the furnace, and turn off lights. Energy efficiency saves money and dramatically reduces carbon emissions into the atmosphere.
3. Minimize water usage by placing “low flow” water saving devices over faucets and in showers. The world’s supply of fresh water is becoming a sacred resource; scientists estimate that water could be a scarce global commodity by 2050. “Low flow” devices help preserve water while further reducing carbon emissions.
4. Support local farms. Purchase locally produced food to limit use of fossil fuel (needed to transport food long distances), reduce fuel costs, and support community farmers.
5. Reduce greenhouse emissions by carpooling, bicycling, walking, and buying fuel-efficient, “green” vehicles, such as the Toyota Prius and Ford Hybrid, or investing in the new breed of electric vehicles such as GM’s Volt. Set a goal of reducing the number of miles driven each year by 30%. When it's time to trade up, get a car with 10mpg better fuel efficiency or more.
Alima Pure is on Facebook! We would love to have you as a fan. One lucky fan will be selected at random to receive a $50 Alima Pure gift certificate on September 15, so we hope you will join us.
She's dangerous AND ethical! Tonya Kay is the world's ONLY professional female knife thrower (as seen on History Channel's "More Extreme Marksmen"). She also restores hot rods, dances with fire (as seen on NBC's "America's Got Talent") and shoots guns. The Most Dangerous Woman in Hollywood doubles as a long-term raw vegan, aggressive environmentalist and green philanthropist. She may shoot guns, but never at animals or people. She may crack whips, but only those which are leather-free in construction. She may sit in studio make up chairs, but on-camera as well as off, Tonya Kay insists that her cosmetics be cruelty-free. Look for Tonya Kay in cruelty-free cosmetics on Showtime's "Live Nude Comedy" (premiers July 16). Tonya Kay performs her Bullwhip Burlesque solo wearing exclusively Alima Pure mineral cosmetics, proving that the greenest option can also yield the best performance.
Tonya Kay has been an Alima Pure customer for several years and in the office, one of our favorite things is hearing what she's been up to. And she's always up to something interesting! We've seen Tonya Kay in a Trace Adkins video and a "We Can Solve It" commercial; we've read her e-book about eating raw vegan; and we've followed her experiences hanging out with elephants in Thailand. She leads an interesting life, and those things just barely scratch the surface.
Tonya Kay's commitment to treading lightly on our planet is not just talk--she walks the walk, but she does it with a sparkling smile and contagious joie de vivre. While we recognize that her latest project, "Live Nude Comedy" might not be everyone's cup of tea, her enthusiasm, ethics and "all-in" attitude are something most everyone can support. We think she's adorable and admirable.
"Live Nude Comedy" features actor/comedian Andy Dick along with a host of talented comics in a lively half hour of laugh-out-loud television hosted by American Pie's Shannon Elizabeth. 28 minutes of music, dance and pure hedonism fill each of "Live Nude Comedy's" 6 episodes, premiering July 16th at midnight. After Showtime's sexy special, watch for Tonya Kay playing the reoccurring CASSIDY in October's premiere of "Secret Girlfriend" on Comedy Central. To see what else Tonya Kay has been up to, you can check out her website, www.TonyaKay.com.