Alima believes in “leaving a light footprint” in all of our actions both in business and in our personal lives. We recycle. We use pure and natural ingredients in our products and eco-friendly packing materials. We limit our carbon emissions to reduce our impact on global warming. And we are aware that more can always be done.
Perhaps this is why we like Feng Shui, which cultivates the flow of harmonious energy through use of solar light, running water, free air ventilation, growing plants, and the presence of animals. “Feng Shui” literally means: “wind water.” Beauty originates in nature and all attempts to enhance beauty stem back to nature.
Continuing this thought of “treading gently” and leaving a “light footprint,” we decided to compile a list of friendly tips and reminders for green living. There are literally hundreds of ways to say: “thank you.” Here, then, are 5 of them.
1. Recycle: it sounds simple and, increasingly, it is. It is also a powerful green solution of critical importance to the environment. Did you know that Americans discard approximately 30 million trees each year in the form of used newsprint, alone?
2. Unplug electrical devices, turn down the furnace, and turn off lights. Energy efficiency saves money and dramatically reduces carbon emissions into the atmosphere.
3. Minimize water usage by placing “low flow” water saving devices over faucets and in showers. The world’s supply of fresh water is becoming a sacred resource; scientists estimate that water could be a scarce global commodity by 2050. “Low flow” devices help preserve water while further reducing carbon emissions.
4. Support local farms. Purchase locally produced food to limit use of fossil fuel (needed to transport food long distances), reduce fuel costs, and support community farmers.
5. Reduce greenhouse emissions by carpooling, bicycling, walking, and buying fuel-efficient, “green” vehicles, such as the Toyota Prius and Ford Hybrid, or investing in the new breed of electric vehicles such as GM’s Volt. Set a goal of reducing the number of miles driven each year by 30%. When it's time to trade up, get a car with 10mpg better fuel efficiency or more.
Alima Pure is on Facebook! We would love to have you as a fan. One lucky fan will be selected at random to receive a $50 Alima Pure gift certificate on September 15, so we hope you will join us.
Inspired by a clear, balmy summer’s evening, the Stargazing collection includes wearable neutrals, punctuated with brights.
Nebula – a pale silver with golden shimmer.
Nova – peachy-gold with multi-colored shimmer.
Galaxy – shimmering cool, deep brown.
Andromeda – indigo purple, sparked with silver.
Available only for a limited time, the Stargazing collection is available exclusively at www.alimapure.com for $25. $2 from every purchase is donated to The Global Fund for Women.
Smoky Stargazing look
Sweep Nebula from lashline to brows.
Lightly apply Andromeda to the lid.
Blend Galaxy into the crease and along the lashline, extending slightly beyond the outer corner of the eye and up towards the crease.
Finish with Black liner applied with a damp brush.
Vivid Stargazing look
Apply Nebula from lashline to brows.
Blend Nova over the lid up to the crease
Apply Andromeda over Nova on the outer 1/3 of the lid and blend well.
Finish with Galaxy applied damp as a liner.